Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you ever get stuck on one color scheme? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-ever-get-stuck-one-color-scheme-t212085.html)

minstrel 01-27-2013 03:24 AM

I'm like quilting girl. Every Kansas Troubles fabric sings to me, and Holly Taylor by Moda with the lodge-y type fabrics is a close second. I only have brights if I'm making something for someone who likes them or for baby quilts. I do have a fair bit of 30's fabrics waiting for me to make a summer quilt, though.

nygal 01-27-2013 03:33 AM

I gravitate towards any rose, pink colors.i have to force myself to choose other colors.

117becca 01-27-2013 03:44 AM

I like most colors, but browns. You won't find quilts that I do w/ browns in it.

rush88888 01-27-2013 04:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i am a black and white purist:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391012[/ATTACH]

i don't use any other color on a black and white quilt. i have tubs and tubs of black and white, and rarely have i purchased a duplicate. i usually buy fat quarters or regular quarters unless there is a yardage minimum, which i may or may not take advantage of.

this quilt is my own design.

NanaCindyLou 01-27-2013 04:58 AM

I so want a pretty floral "girly" quilt but keep buying and using autumn colored batiks! Love them too! I am just too slow to do all the things I want to do!

Toni C 01-27-2013 05:11 AM

I'm always looking for different reds and greens. But must really love blue cause I got a bunch.

Rose Marie 01-27-2013 07:03 AM

Green is my thing also. My furniture is green so want quilts to match.
Love black and white but it just wouldnt match.
I need to branch out and make other colors even if I cant use them. Its all in the making isnt it?
Im not a fan of blue and get frustrated with catalogs with all the kits in blues. Seems to be the most popular color.
Loved blue when I was younger but found greens more to my liking as I got older.

Julie in NM 01-27-2013 07:11 AM

Was trying to choose fab from my stash for tumbling block quilt and realized I had darks, medium, and brights! No lights! Do have lots of white and tot beigh though.

Freddie 01-27-2013 07:35 AM

Love the looks of this quilt! I like to make my own designs too, so I can appreciate the work that goes in it. Do you draw them out by hand or can you vision the look with your blocks alone? I can draw my blocks with EQ7 instead of putting it on graph paper and then put them into my quilt. I noticed that when I put the colors in I often change them from my original thought. Even when I only do two colors. It always amazes me how placing the colors in another place can change the quilt. Great job!!!

Originally Posted by rush88888 (Post 5816677)
i am a black and white purist:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391012[/ATTACH]

i don't use any other color on a black and white quilt. i have tubs and tubs of black and white, and rarely have i purchased a duplicate. i usually buy fat quarters or regular quarters unless there is a yardage minimum, which i may or may not take advantage of.

this quilt is my own design.

0tis 01-27-2013 07:43 AM

Greens and blues for me - they have to be part of the color scheme.