Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you ever give up on a project? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-ever-give-up-project-t302305.html)

wildyard 01-17-2019 11:28 AM

Please don't throw perfectly good quilting fabric in the trash!! If you don't want to finish a project and don't want to be bothered with mailing it to a fellow board member, then please at least just drop it in a thrift store donation box.
Someone will make good use of your project, no matter what state you think it's in. Landfills don't need to have fabric in them!!!

wildyard 01-17-2019 11:32 AM

I second jillmc's suggestion!! "I totally understand wanting to move on...I have one or two of those projects lurking about...hmmmm....maybe we can start a “please take this and save it thread”! ".

Jshep 01-17-2019 11:43 AM

I hate to see anything trashed. If you have projects you’ve started, but don’t like anymore, please pm me. I would love to have them.

sJens 01-17-2019 12:42 PM

If it doesn't make you happy consider it finished and move on. Could use it on the back of a quilt for a fun addition -- just the way it is.

zozee 01-17-2019 01:45 PM

You own it. It doesn’t own you. Get it out if your house if it so moch as reminds you of fristreation. Give it to the first persin who said they’d like to have it. You’ll feel relieved abd energized.

donac 01-17-2019 02:42 PM

I am thinking about giving up on my dear Jane and just out the squares together for a wall hanging. I don't think I could put something like that on my bed so why not make a wall hanging.

midwife 01-17-2019 05:24 PM

Life is to short to torture yourself with something that should be fun. Move on.

kat13 01-17-2019 06:38 PM

What you have done, even if you hated every minute...is beautiful! Yes you can stop! But give yourself credit for what you have achieved!! I would do a wall hanging! You may regret if you toss it... a lovely reminder is so much better!!

deedum 01-17-2019 07:28 PM

If you have a very wonderful friend that would guide you in the project, that could work. If not, don't stress over it, pass it on to someone who loves challenges. Move on to something you enjoy that.

WMUTeach 01-18-2019 04:55 AM

Your original question was "Do you ever give up on a project?" Well, rarely, I do. I have one top so out of shape, not even close to square because of stretching and made from so many little pieces I can't face taking it all apart. It will become a dog bed for donation. It has been haunting me for almost year.

Now your beauty is another thing altogether. I bet you are just tired of all the intense work that goes into such a stunning quilt. Someone mentioned putting the quilt away for a while and then returning. Just put all of your fabric, directions and cut pieces away with what you have done already. :thumbup: :). You are a woman of courage to start this quilt and will have a marvelous finish in you future.