Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you find that you spend to time here when you should be doing.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-find-you-spend-time-here-when-you-should-doing-t58895.html)

grann of 6 08-13-2010 08:08 AM

Yes, I too spend too much time here. But I am trying to get better at when I am on here. I eat my breakfast & lunch here at the computer. I have learned a lot of great ideas since I joined a month ago. This weekend I won't be on it much because I have two dresses to make for a client; have to make the pattern first, so will need complete concentration.

starlight 08-13-2010 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by bonniedip
in my house we put up a chore chart so everyone knows what chores they need to get done. That gives me more time to learn those little tips everyone has and more time to quilt.

Does someone actually read the chore chart? We have one and none of us read it (me included) I would rather be here or in my sewing room.

Melinda in Tulsa 08-13-2010 08:57 AM

It's just me & DH, so I'm the only one to do...or not to do....chores :)

Joanieu 08-13-2010 09:34 AM

Yes, I spend too much time on here, but I love it. Since I work from home and on the computer all day I get on here in between loans (mortgage loans that I draw), and sometimes I will actually do some quilting at my desk (quilt by hand). I have learned so much and we all laugh, cry and share together. I am lost on the weekends 'cuz I do not turn my computer on, and come Monday morning once I clean out my emails I get on here and see what I have missed. Like I have said before, I just need to interact a little more than I do.

Emma S 08-13-2010 09:38 AM

Yep, to much time enjoying everyones contributions. The upside is that rather than boring family and friends with quilting talk I can come here and enjoy.

janb 08-13-2010 10:57 AM

This Board is a learning experience for me. I dont consider it wasted time, but I do get my laundry, dishes and bedroom done up before I attack the computer or sewing machine. Just takes so much discipline.

grandmaquilts 08-13-2010 11:02 AM

I tell myself every night that I will not get on here and spend too much time. I get up each morning and go straight to my email and this board and I am lost for hours. I should be sewing!!

BellaBoo 08-13-2010 11:12 AM

With the Iphone I can check the board anytime I have a few minutes. It's great for when I'm stuck in a waiting room at anyplace boring. I don't have to check my emails or this board so much when I'm home and can be doing other things.

tinwoods 08-13-2010 11:46 AM

Oh yeah, all my free time seems to draw me into this forum. I have learned so much from reading everything from audio books to steam cleaning with all the wonderful quilters here. Thanks for asking!

mountain-moma 08-13-2010 12:08 PM

I spend to much time here but i enjoy every minute of it