Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   do you find that your.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-find-your-t8853.html)

retrogirl02 07-09-2008 05:19 AM

I can't even stay focused on the project at hand. I'm the ADD quilter LOL. I have to make little mile stones for myself to stay on track..."if you do 4 squares of this block, you can play with one block for whatever future project." Generally, I want to get to the play block and sometimes this method works. I'll be honest though, sometimes I just want to hang out and look at my books or magazines for future project #5, 6, 7, LOL or rearrange my drawers....hmmm can anyone say avoidance? :lol:

Bevanger 07-09-2008 05:37 AM

I go thru spurts too. Somedays I'd rather just sit & hand embroider Or Crochet Or Cross Stitch. Then theres days I can't get enough of it...I guess we're all in the same boat.

Granny Cat 07-09-2008 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
I go thru spurts too. Somedays I'd rather just sit & hand embroider Or Crochet Or Cross Stitch. Then theres days I can't get enough of it...I guess we're all in the same boat.

It's a good boat to be in look at all the company we have...haha...well I am in one of those don't really want to quilt moods but love looking at my magazines and searching for bunny so I will just go with that until I get the urge to get back to my project....

beachlady 07-09-2008 06:59 AM

I took my first quilting class in 1999. Then about 5 years later I did a few projects and then a few years after that I made a flag quilt to hang outside and now I have started again and love it. I try to do something every day, but have 4 grandsons here now, so am busy trying to keep up with them. When the block challenge started I made 5 right off the bat - #6 is still in progress and do have the fabric for the others, but haven't done anything with them yet. Good thing I have until January 2009!!!

vicki reno 07-09-2008 09:18 AM

I sew in spurts--always have. If I have just come back from the library, no sewing for a while or if its cool and I can get out to do yard work, no sewing. I am constantly thinking about it but just not always doing it. :lol:

SaraSewing 07-09-2008 09:37 AM

Kyssy - Congrats on a new baby! Your life will change dramatically, but I'll bet that you'll find time for sewing during nap time!

I don't get as much sewing done in the summer either. I have more outings because of the nice weather, more yard work, more company coming to visit. But I still think that there is nuthin' better to cool down and gather your thoughts than taking a sewing break. I remember when my kids were young that I'd be busy for a month in the summer making school clothes.

johnette 07-10-2008 02:18 AM

Well, Granny Cat, I am thinking that as long as we enjoy the time we are wasting, what does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? I slowly get a block done here and there. The point of it all is for enjoyment anyway right? No one is depending on me to get anything done at a certain time and I am not trying to make any money off of it. I sure spend a lot though, LOL. Maybe we are being too hard on ourselves? I work about 50 hours a week and usually drive three hours one way every other weekend to be with my daughter and her family, so I don't have much "extra time". So, valid reason or just an excuse? I don't know, but I do get pretty frustrated with myself sometimes over it.

Knot Sew 07-10-2008 04:22 AM

I have 8 grand kids..........All of them except one are here some time during the week, to sleep over or hang out, I drive them to work or summer school.....I am the only one home all day. I feel like the old woman who lived in a shoe....Every morning have to do the same chores and wash the clothes they leave.

If I get a few minutes I sew.......my quilting room is staying clean :roll:

Barbm 07-10-2008 07:21 AM

I go in spurts too. I told myself I had to pick only 1 hobby, so quilting became it. Sometimes I miss painting and sketching but giving away all the "stuff" makes it easier. I gave away my crochet stuff too. Just have my quilting stuff and the rug hooking stuff from my Gram that I can't part with.

I find I sew and then take a break and come back again. I'm hoping this week end I can get the curtains and toppers and bedskirt done for my room so I can start the quilt for the bed. Need it done by 8/2 when family comes. First time in 7 years my room will be coordinated instead of cast offs.

Barb