Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you make Dresden Plates? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-make-dresden-plates-t69604.html)

CoriAmD 10-11-2010 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by craftybear
Do you make Dresden Plates? Let's Chit Chat

I was wondering what dresden plate templates you like to use the best? I have been looking on line to buy some and notice there are different brands. Thanking you in advance.

Craftybear

I made placemats using the dresden plate design. I made my own template for the "petals" out of clear plastic so I could place it on my fabric and fussy cut to get the birds in the right place. It was fun and easy to do - try it!

dresden plate placemats - approx. 16" round
[ATTACH=CONFIG]105913[/ATTACH]

dellareya 10-11-2010 04:51 PM

I'm in love with making Dresden Plates. I use the EZ Easy Dresden by Darlene Zimmerman (I used a 50% coupon at Joann's). You can make from 1 to 8 inch spokes. They have the pointy end. They are super fast and easy to make. Yep, I'm hooked on them.

SherriB 10-11-2010 04:55 PM

I want to learn to make them also. I got the Easy Dresden template from Missouri Star Quilt. They have tutorial for using it with charm packs. When I get caught up (or convince my self I am), I hope to try to use it.

MZStitch 10-11-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD

Originally Posted by craftybear
Do you make Dresden Plates? Let's Chit Chat

I was wondering what dresden plate templates you like to use the best? I have been looking on line to buy some and notice there are different brands. Thanking you in advance.

Craftybear

I made placemats using the dresden plate design. I made my own template for the "petals" out of clear plastic so I could place it on my fabric and fussy cut to get the birds in the right place. It was fun and easy to do - try it!

CoriAmD your Dresden plate is absolutely beautiful! I have some of that bird fabric, I just may have to steal your design idea! Great job!

Matilda 10-11-2010 06:17 PM

I have not made a dresden plate quilt as yet but I want to. I have one quilt in the works to finish and one I need to get done, then maybe.

amandasgramma 10-11-2010 06:34 PM

I, too, use EZ Easy Dresden by Darlene Zimmerman. It's the easiest method I've ever tried. :mrgreen:

scowlkat 10-11-2010 08:07 PM

I use the EZ dresden ruler by D. Zimmerman and I sew mine by machine. They look really nice. Haven't put my blocks together (they are in the WIP pile!) but hope to do so soon!

Qbee 10-11-2010 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by dellareya
I'm in love with making Dresden Plates. I use the EZ Easy Dresden by Darlene Zimmerman (I used a 50% coupon at Joann's). You can make from 1 to 8 inch spokes. They have the pointy end. They are super fast and easy to make. Yep, I'm hooked on them.

I have that tool but my question is how to make them round instead of straight or pointed??

gale 10-11-2010 08:48 PM

I don't think you can make the ends round using the ez dresden ruler. The ones with rounded ends are done more like applique where the fabric is turned under.

Janetlmt 10-12-2010 01:57 AM

I have made two dresden plate quilts. The one is the very first quilt I ever made. The second one I used the template package from Joann Fabrics.