Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you take photos of your work? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-take-photos-your-work-t146604.html)

joysewer 08-21-2011 04:24 PM

I take pictures of everything I make and keep them on the computer. I keep a journal of everything I make also so that I can look back and see how productive I have been in a year.

Quilting Grandma 08-21-2011 04:28 PM

I have an envelope that I file fabric, pattern, etc in. On the outside I write pattern name, why I made it, for whom, size, etc. I place a photo of the quilt on it. The envelopes are in a 3 ring binder.
The only wasy I can keep track of what I have made.

cherrio 08-21-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by mizsandy
And keep a record of them? I just realized that I have made some quilts and pillow cases and didn't keep a photo record of them. I don't have a photo of a pillow case made for a son-in-law, or any extra material , and wanted to remember what I gave to who! For those who keep a record, do you just keep it on the computer in a file or do you make an actual book out of them? Thanks for ansering.

I am too stupid to figure out photobucket. I tried. but yes I take pics of quilts, blocks in the boom swap and sewing projects. not all pics are printed but I keep a journal and all are written, described, problems and sucesses are noted and the date and who it was made for. 30 yrs of sewing, 2 yrs or sew of quilting. my kids can burn it with me in the end if they want lol but it helps keep me focused.

stoppain 08-21-2011 05:00 PM

I do the same

LivelyLady 08-21-2011 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
I put pics on the computer,& into photobucket ,but also try to get photos made to put in small albums too for a record.

Same here. I do regret not writing more info for each one.

Rejoyce 08-21-2011 05:20 PM

Yes, I take a picture, and record the date, the quilt name, who I gave it to, and put them in a small notebook. I do it just because it's fun to go back and look at what I've done.

grammy17 08-21-2011 05:37 PM

I take photos as I go. Have an album on Facebook. And lots of folders on my computer. Been thinking of making an album start to finish and giving it to the recipient of the next one.

Farm Quilter 08-21-2011 05:49 PM

I do photos I keep on my computer and on my facebook page. I also keep photos of my customers quilts, with close-ups of the quilting as well as the whole quilt.

katyquilter 08-21-2011 05:53 PM

I take several photos of each quilt ... and put them in my scrapbook. When a quilt is given as a gift, I try really really hard to obtain a photo of the recipient with the quilt. It's too bad some of my relatives don't cooperate.

grammy17 08-21-2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by katyquilter
I take several photos of each quilt ... and put them in my scrapbook. When a quilt is given as a gift, I try really really hard to obtain a photo of the recipient with the quilt. It's too bad some of my relatives don't cooperate.

That is why I tke mine before I give them.