Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you take photos of your work? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-take-photos-your-work-t146604.html)

Nancy S. 08-21-2011 04:03 AM

I take a picture of all my quilts and runners right before I give them away. They are in my computer in different places. Maybe someday I will print them off and put them in an album.

gollytwo 08-21-2011 04:03 AM

I bought several copies of a Quilt Registry years ago from AQS - wish I'd bought more. I'm almost through Book4 and have only one left.*
Each book takes about 35 entries - picture, size, for whom, who quilted etc.

* I know AQS still sells a Registry - it's ugly. The old one is hard to find and usually expensive

Patti Mahoney 08-21-2011 04:07 AM

I'm only working of my second project but I took pictures of all of my supplies before I started and almost every step along the way. I'm new to quilting so this is like play time for me....LOL I have a quilt journal and I also made one of my own that is about 10 pages per quilt and plenty of extra pages can be added along the way. It's so much fun! ! ! My quilt journal is almost like scrapbooking.

Lady-T 08-21-2011 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
yes, i do and not only of the finished work but at various steps along with way.

it helps me with design prospective - most of the time i'm working inches from a project and taking a photo from a couple feet away makes a big difference on how you see things.

*EXACTLY* what I do.

harvsstuff 08-21-2011 04:20 AM

I take photos of everything I make and have the pictures in photo albums. I enjoy flipping through the pages and remembering when the items were made.

Weenween 08-21-2011 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by mizsandy
And keep a record of them? I just realized that I have made some quilts and pillow cases and didn't keep a photo record of them. I don't have a photo of a pillow case made for a son-in-law, or any extra material , and wanted to remember what I gave to who! For those who keep a record, do you just keep it on the computer in a file or do you make an actual book out of them? Thanks for ansering.

NO BUT I SURE WISHED I HAD OF MAKING MOSTLY BABY QUILTS AND AFGHANS.I HAVE MADE ALL MY BROTHER & SISTERS ONE (6) ALL NEICES,NEPHEWS,GREAT NIECES AND GREAT NEPHEWS AND ALL THE LITTLE ONES I HAVE BABY SITTED FOR FOR 26 PLUS YEARS.I REALLY WISHED I HAD OF.OH WELL TO LATE TO CRY OF SPILLED MILK NOW

LindaDeeter 08-21-2011 04:28 AM

When I began making Quilts For Kids, I started a scrapbook. I keep a photo or two, and swatches of the fabric. I record the name of the quilt, date it was finished and anything memorable about the quilt. It's fun to share with others.

Fabaddict 08-21-2011 04:29 AM

I keep them, on the computer for the year. at end of year I transfer them to cd's and start all over again

quiltymom 08-21-2011 04:43 AM

Yes I do!!!

cjaye44 08-21-2011 04:54 AM

I take pictures of my finished projects...most of which have been given away. It's a sort of legacy thing...the kids will know what Mom got accomplished over the years. It's also nice to go back and see how my tastes had changed and hopefully the progress I've made. It also helps to take pics of blocks on the design wall before sewing them together to see if they "play nicely together". Digital cameras were a great invention!!