Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone have a machine like mine. if so can you help me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-have-machine-like-mine-if-so-can-you-help-me-t35241.html)

ftkls501 01-27-2010 11:05 AM

thanks maybe i get the nerve to one day. I do love sewing so much. I suffer from chronic back and leg pain and sewing has been my outlet. When all else fails I can always go to my sewing room and create. I love using this site as well. Thanks for the encourgement

ftkls501 01-27-2010 11:09 AM

I am using Aurfil thread and the needle is a topstictch needle. It has been about a month since I last oiled the machine and just have cleaned it. I am going to try the gutterman thread for quilting can you get this at joannes?

QBeth 01-27-2010 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by ftkls501
I am using Aurfil thread and the needle is a topstictch needle. It has been about a month since I last oiled the machine and just have cleaned it. I am going to try the gutterman thread for quilting can you get this at joannes?

I've only heard good things about Aurfil thread but maybe not in the context of top stitiching (?). Joann's sells Gutterman but I've only seen the cotton covered poly thread which everyone swears off of.

ftkls501 01-27-2010 11:12 AM

I am using the machine on high speed.I just recently changed the needle and it does not break the needle thread which is the thread that keeps breaking when just plain straight sewing it is great when i do that only

QBeth 01-27-2010 11:13 AM

I am using the machine on high speed.I just recently changed the needle and it does not break the needle thread which is the thread that keeps breaking when just plain straight sewing it is great when i do that only

Say what? you lost me there for a second. Can you put a period or two in your second sentence? I'm all turned around about what breaks and when. thanks.

ftkls501 01-27-2010 11:15 AM

Where can you get it? the gutterman 100% cotton machine quilting thread?

QBeth 01-27-2010 11:16 AM

Where can you get it? the gutterman 100% cotton machine quilting thread?

I'd have to guess at a quilt shop or online. I use Mettler thread which I can get at my local quilt shop (LQS).

ftkls501 01-27-2010 11:17 AM

Sorry It is the needle thread that breaks. And also it is sewing eyelashes on the botton. Thanks for your patience!!! You are a big help to me

ftkls501 01-27-2010 11:19 AM

I love using mattler thread, but i can not find it in big spools only the small spool. I love using it when I am piecing.

QBeth 01-27-2010 11:20 AM

Sorry It is the needle thread that breaks. And also it is sewing eyelashes on the botton. Thanks for your patience!!! You are a big help to me

No problem! I just like short simple sentences. Late in the day for me.

Eye lashes on the bottom, hmmm? The other day, someone else answered a similar question.... I believe she said if there's a problem on the underside of the fabric, then its a problem with the top tension. Have you played with the tension? Probably a dumb question, I'm sure you've tried it all!