Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   does anyone know what foot this is? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-know-what-foot-t190750.html)

coopah 06-05-2012 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom (Post 5264280)
Yup...that's an invisible zipper foot. Don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather put in a regular zipper anyday over an invisible one...I never did master that trick.

I loved this type of zipper and am sorry it didn't work so well for you. It sure gave my homemade dresses a more professional look. Wow, sure am aging myself. But you know I sewed when I was a mere infant, right? :p :D :D Does anyone make their own dresses anymore?

SunlitenSmiles 06-05-2012 04:24 AM

still have that foot (all the pieces ) and used it many times - back then sewing fancy dresses paid for extras the "budget" could not or would not cover. Laughing that someone called 1967 old, have to tell my youngest Son that he is one year away from being old.

quiltmom04 06-05-2012 04:28 AM

This looks like the generic one that was sold with different shanks for different machines. Now you can get one specific to you machine. A well installed invisible zipper is a beautiful thing!

Latrinka 06-05-2012 05:46 AM

Can only be the left one or the right one! LOL!

franc36 06-05-2012 06:10 AM

Your invisible zipper foot brought back fond memories. I now have a metal invisible zipper foot for my Bernina. I don't remember ever having trouble with the old plastic foot; but after years of not putting in invisible zippers, it took me some time to get it right with the metal foot. Now I actually enjoy putting in invisible zippers.

WMUTeach 06-05-2012 10:15 AM

yes, it is foot for applying an invisible zipper. I don't know that it is brand exclusive. I have the same one and it works with my Viking. They came in a package with several plastic versions to fit different machines. One for straight shank, slanted shank and a couple others. I loved the invisible zipper but have set aside all garment making and just quilt now. So my special zipper foot is sitting the bottom of my accessories case, growing old and dusty from lack of use.

Linda

Originally Posted by Kim Bohannon (Post 5263635)
I have this crazy looking plastic foot for my sewing machine, no idea what it is... help?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339766[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]339767[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]339768[/ATTACH]

azwendyg 06-05-2012 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Kathrine (Post 5263643)
That is an invisible zipper foot, probably quite old.

Yep...I still have some of those.

kkdolls 06-05-2012 10:47 AM

The invisible zipper foot. I can remember when this was a very important foot as it made the invisible zipper much easier to put in. Many years ago. LOL

oldtnquiltinglady 06-05-2012 12:00 PM

Yes, I too had to have an invisible zipper foot--just never mastered it well enough to make my sewing not look like "I did it myself......"

Kim Bohannon 06-05-2012 01:10 PM

I will have to practice sewing an invisible zipper now... hmmmm