Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does your DH help you in your sewing room? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-your-dh-help-you-your-sewing-room-t101587.html)

fabric_fancy 02-21-2011 09:12 AM

no i don't like people in my sewing room, DH is strictly used for muscle when i need to rearrange the room.

otherwise its my space just for me and he has his studio just for him and we never invade each others spaces.

JanetM 02-21-2011 10:23 AM

My husband is very good at advising me about colors, fabric choices, and layouts.

He also is the one that suggested buying new bookcases for my sewing room, and spent the time to get everything set up.

He is very supportive and generous♥♥♥

Tinabodina 02-21-2011 10:26 AM

My DH does not help me right now, but he does know how to sew. He has a good eye for color and has in the past helped my match up fabric for a project. He is still working and really doesn't have the time I do, but once he retires, I bet he comes in to help me.

QuiltnCowgirl 02-21-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
No he does not and I like it that way. In fact today I screamed "out! out! OUT!" at him because I was counting pieces (had 140+ to count) and he was saying "27, 48, 3, 89". Then he picked up my 100+ 1" x 2" pinned pieces that were sorted by color, held the pin head in his finger tips and asked "what would you do if I pulled this pin out - is it important?" I told him I would stab him with the pin and shooed him out. He can be such a child sometimes. He likes to wind me up.

BUT ... when I ask him to help me photograph a quilt, or fold an extra large piece of fabric, or whatever - he's always a great help.

Your husband sounds like mine...always the "comedian"...or so he thinks lol.

Mary L Booth 02-22-2011 03:34 AM

My DH helped my unsew some borders I was working and they did not come out the way I wanted, but I had to bribe him. He make things for my sewing rm but I can't talk him into sewing.

emptyshellamy 02-22-2011 03:47 AM

No husband anymore (lol, refraining from comment on that) but my boyfriend, no way. Everytime he wanders in the sewing room I swear he chooses the most inopportune time to interupt me with something stupid. He's kind of a clumsy guy, when we were doing some tiling (which neither of us had never done) he was making such a mess I banned him from the project & finished it myself. It came out great, I didn't want to treat him like a child but we'd still be cleaning the mess off the floor if he'd done it all, lol...

Mary O 02-22-2011 04:00 AM

My sewing room is my escape from my husband and he knows it too.Great guy and love him but too much talking about politics and daily news.Thinks my room is too messy,have too much fabric,do I really need 3 machines?Spring hurry up and save me so he can be outside.My 2 big dogs are allowed in my room.....

Juliebelle 02-22-2011 04:29 AM

Mine will help me move things around and will give advice when I ask him for his opinion.

justlooking 02-22-2011 04:51 AM

It is nice to have a quilting assistant!

supergma 02-22-2011 05:13 AM

My DH spends a lot of time in the sewing room with me. He insisted there be a chair there for him, and no material stacked on it. We visit while I sew and he pores thru the quilt books.