Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does your husband understand? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-your-husband-understand-t101217.html)

Damsel in DisDress 02-19-2011 08:18 PM

I have the most wonderful DH! Yes, he totally gets it! I am very lucky!

Shelbie 02-19-2011 08:37 PM

My husband definately does not get it. He complains bitterly about me "creating works of beauty for others when you could be spending your time cleaning or re-decorating the house for us or gardening". While those are all worthwhile pursuits, they are not the activites that feed my soul and make my heart sing. I've tried explaining it to him but it is as if I am speaking a foreign language - he doesn't comprehend and probably never will. I just tell him that it is something I have to do and no matter how he complains, I'll still quilt!

LeeAnn 02-19-2011 08:51 PM

Yes, my husband understands and loves what I do. He doesn't care what I spend and attends all quilt shows with me. He appreciates the work that goes into creating a quilt. What a great guy!

BETTY62 02-19-2011 09:12 PM

My husband is happy I have a hobby so he can watch his reruns on TV while napping in his recliner. LOL

trisha 02-19-2011 09:27 PM

It is almost embarrassing listening to my DH brag to people about how creative I am and how talented I am and what beautiful quilts I make. He is always talking to someone about the newest one I am working on. He doens't see the oopsies. Oh well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and tonite he told me I still have the greatest legs in the world!! Gotta love him!!!

GrammaO 02-19-2011 09:29 PM

I don't know that my husband understands it, but he totally supports it. He is one of those that just wants to see things get used and not just spend money on something that then just sits around collecting dust. He is still waiting on his quilt though, so maybe I should make him one soon.

Jim's Gem 02-19-2011 10:32 PM

My husband encourages me to give my quilts to people!
I would say that he understands!

Janetlmt 02-20-2011 03:42 AM

My DH totally understands my passions in life. He has spoiled me rotten. He takes me fabric shopping, buys me whatever I want. He too has made a fabulous room for quilting. It doesn't matter if there is no dinner on the table..or that the laundry is still in the dryer. How do you thank someone who is so unselfish and caring..so loving. He always wants to see what I have made. He just wants me to quilt, quilt, quilt. I am so blessed.
Peace and Blessings

#1piecemaker 02-20-2011 04:54 AM

My DH is coming around ever since I taught him how to sew. But he is stingy. He wants to keep everything we make. I am just the opposite. I like to give people gifts. But, I'm working on him!!

thseabreze 02-20-2011 04:54 AM

my husband is very supportive. Have you made your husband a quilt yet? Try making him one, and include him in the color choices and/ or patterns that he likes.