Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Don't walk but run..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dont-walk-but-run-t21030.html)

BellaBoo 06-06-2009 07:16 PM

I doubt the closest Hobby Lobby to me will have them. They never had more than one on the shelf. I've noticed most quilting items at Hobby Lobby are getting thinned out as well as most needlework supplies. I'm stocking up on project items like elastic, cord, trims, buttons, and such. No place left to buy that local.

sharon b 06-06-2009 07:55 PM

WOW ! What a deal I will have to try them Monday night and see what mine has... Never my luck though :roll: I think all the employees buy the great deals :?
Sharon

OHSue 06-06-2009 09:03 PM

WOW, that is like 99.95% off, I did the math! For that kind of money you don't even have to like it!
Wish I had read the board earlier today, I will be stopping on my way to work on Monday.

Bevanger 06-07-2009 04:33 AM

WAY COOL. wE DON'T HAVE A hOBBY lOBBY HERE, BUT SURE EXCITED FOR YOU :D

Mousie 06-07-2009 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by crkathleen
They also had a boat load of quilting books on clearance. I went to get a rubber stamp so I can stamp so velvet. I'm attaching a photo. It's kinda hard to see. The velvet i'm using is dark green, I got 2 yards for $3 at a thrift store, otherwise I would have used dark red velvet. I plan to make a christmas tree skirt.

whoa, wonder if they are closed on Sundays, here?
marked down the books, and fabs...they aren't going out of business are they? end of fiscal year, perhaps?
i might not be able to run, but I'm trying to trot...giddyup.... :wink:
thaaank you, kathleen :D

Mousie 06-07-2009 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by OHSue
WOW, that is like 99.95% off, I did the math! For that kind of money you don't even have to like it! Wish I had read the board earlier today, I will be stopping on my way to work on Monday.

Ohsue, your so funny....and so right! it's worth the try, huh.
getting my horse saddled now! :D

sewjoyce 06-07-2009 05:26 AM

Wow -- that's a great bargain!!

And I think all Hobby Lobbies are closed on Sundays...but I might have to find my way there tomorrow :roll:

crkathleen 06-07-2009 08:39 AM

Yeah, all Hobby Lobby's are closed on Sunday. It's funny, I know they are closed but I always seem to end up there sitting in an empty parking lot! I've always found great bargins there. I tend to only buy clearance items (I want more bang for my buck) so nothing in my stash matches. haha

sharon b 06-07-2009 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by crkathleen
Yeah, all Hobby Lobby's are closed on Sunday. It's funny, I know they are closed but I always seem to end up there sitting in an empty parking lot! I've always found great bargins there. I tend to only buy clearance items (I want more bang for my buck) so nothing in my stash matches. haha

But someday it will ! LOL That is how most stashes get built
Sharon

sharon b 06-08-2009 04:31 PM

Well I went to my Hobby Lobby today. Finally found the frame that was on clearance , but it was still 26.00 . I will wait and see if it goes any lower, but thanks for the heads up :lol:
Sharon