Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Easiest Quilt Block You've Ever Made? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/easiest-quilt-block-youve-ever-made-t197090.html)

judylg 08-12-2012 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by mme3924 (Post 5431569)
Thank you for posting this! This is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Not to over do chickens ;-) but I wanted to make one of these blocks in order to see how it worked (I'm a visual learner and usually need to see it). I - grabbed one of my leftover fussy cuts, which were 4-1/2" for the first square and just added scrap fabric to it. These are quick and easy and make such adorable blocks! I can only imagine the possibilities for these. Here's my quick effort: [ATTACH=CONFIG]354747[/ATTACH]

Such a nice block, you picked great fabric from your scraps. Might have to try this.

Gayle's Quilts 08-12-2012 12:44 PM

I too have learned so much from this group!!

SandScraps 08-13-2012 03:54 AM

Rail fence, all the minute blocks and all the disappearing ones. My favourite remains crumbs even if they take a bit longer, because they can fir into so many other patterns.

GrannieAnnie 08-14-2012 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by kacie (Post 5430881)
Drunkard's Path using the Curvemaster foot. Less than a minute per block.

Mark Lipenski (sp??) used a drunkards path block when he was teaching a rookie on the QUILTS OF VALOR show. The gal got them done in no time, using his pinless method. If you once got the curve thing down, they would go fast.

Boston1954 08-14-2012 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have to say the easiest for me is the Square Within a Square. I have made it several times and it goes very quickly.

GrannieAnnie 08-14-2012 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by mme3924 (Post 5430992)
speaking of Warm Wishes (sorry to hijack this thread!) what are your measurements for that block? 2 1/2 x 6-1/2" strips and 6-1/2" square, to make a 12" block? I have a beautiful pink/purple/green paisley that I want to use with a pink solid or muted print and two solids (purple and green) and finally decided this pattern would do justice to the fabric. I know I can adjust the sizes to suit myself but wonder if those of you who have made it know what the pattern actually calls for?

THE PATTERN???????? tee hee. I cut to suit the end result.

QM 08-14-2012 11:44 PM

I agree that rail fence is the easiest pieced block I've made, but it gets boring pretty quickly. 4 patch or 9 patch are close 2nds.

Noting that many blocks have more than one name and many names have more than one block, the two shown in pictures above are both called square in a square, except that the first one has the points cut off. The first can also be called diamond in a square.

LenaBeena 08-15-2012 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by SandScraps (Post 5437312)
Rail fence, all the minute blocks and all the disappearing ones. My favourite remains crumbs even if they take a bit longer, because they can fir into so many other patterns.

What is the "crumbs" pattern? Nothing comes up when I search.

LenaBeena 08-19-2012 07:24 AM

Found it. Like a crazy patch.

tate_elliott 08-25-2012 12:36 PM

Has anyone discovered the correct name for the "Chicken block" on the previous page?

I'm almost tempted to try to make a baby quilt using just one of these blocks. Just keep adding to it till it gets big enough.

Tate