Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Eleonor Burns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eleonor-burns-t295167.html)

Bobbielinks 03-01-2018 05:24 AM

She used to be on our PBS network years ago and I watch her faithfully every Saturday morning until PBS moved on to something else. She was the best quilt teacher I ever had.

Onebyone 03-01-2018 05:30 AM

At bought a bag of scraps thrown by Eleanor. LOL She is truly the Queen of Quilting. I have met her many times having gone to her Meet and Greet Dinner in Paducah for many years. Truly a genuine nice lady.

Geri B 03-01-2018 06:02 AM

All of her tv programs and more are on YouTube! Her block club videos are a hoot!-on YouTube........her patterns are perfect and if you follow her directions to a T, all those seams just nest beautifully.....I also have and use most of her rulers...make quilting so much more pleasant,

nativetexan 03-01-2018 06:30 AM

Oh yes, she is wonderful. I've been watching her for years and years. not on here though, sad to say. she is good for beginners. cuts over sized and trims. good way to learn until you can do things better.

rvsfan 03-01-2018 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8013441)
I love watching her on TV. Yesterday, I watched her show on the Tennessee Waltz pattern. She is just too cute for words. "And, lookie here..isn't that matching point darling?" I just love her! And, I always learn some new technique when I Watch her. My hubbie will bellow across the house "Honey, the quilt lady is on TV!!!" Then, he sits and watches it with me. Yesterday, he said, "she really lays on the sweetness a little thick". My response, "That's Eleonor!!" Lol! Do any of you ever watch her shows?

Where do you find her show?

grannie cheechee 03-01-2018 06:56 AM

I watch her on our PBS Wed. afternoons. They sometimes are reruns, but you will see something different. I was at Mountain Quilt Fest walking down a hallway,and you couldn't miss her Smile. I told her about my DD throwing the scraps over her shoulder, and how it was the last time she did that. Eleanor is a special person!!!

Nesie 03-01-2018 07:44 AM

I watch her on you tube. I love her stories about her
Pennsylvania German upbringing. Her sister who retired recently (name escapes me at the moment) had a trunk show at Pocono Sew and Vac in 2016 and was also entertaining and fun.

nativetexan 03-01-2018 08:29 AM

i had her show on PBS in Colorado but not here in Texas. Dish network, duh. I now only get Fon's and Porter's show and Make it Sew. nothing else.

sprice 03-01-2018 09:53 AM

EB seems to be such a nice lady--I'm glad to hear those of you who have met her confirm that she is! My husband complains about her "kindergarten teacher" voice, but she's a gem.

Stitchnripper 03-01-2018 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by rvsfan (Post 8013636)
Where do you find her show?

I watch it on Directv RFD channel, but they are old shows. Geri B says all of her shows are on YouTube.