Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Emergency Call to all glue basters... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/emergency-call-all-glue-basters-t73869.html)

Carol W 11-02-2010 02:46 PM

I've used glue for my binding and didn't have any problems sewing through it.

Quiltforme 11-02-2010 04:14 PM

I am making that same quilt with Mr P. I bought all of the disney panels and all my kids claimed them. Please post a pic of it I would love to see how you put yours together!!

galvestonangel 11-02-2010 05:39 PM

Sharon Schambers uses Elmers. Just dot it on. She has it in one of her videos on You Tube.

quilting.addict 11-03-2010 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by quilting.addict
I am 3/4 of the way done, gluing the last of the top to the already glued back and batting...I have run out of my spray baste. I am 20 miles to the nearest place to buy some. Any ideas to finish this last section of gluing the top to the batting???? Do I dare use Elmers??/

ok Ladies...I took the glue stick advice, since I had just purchased one to do an applique class. A little loose along the last border, but as of 1 am, this thing is quilted!! I am headed to sew on the binding. When done, I'll post photos!
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

kathy 11-03-2010 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by mayday

Originally Posted by kathy
I wouldn't, when the glue dries it's really hard and I feel like it will be a problem quilting.

Am SO surprised at the above comment as shaonschamber video THOROUGHLY RECOMMENDED for binding and said that it dried with NO ill effect----------you say that this is not so.

mayday, I use the glue baste for my binding but it's just a tiny thin line and I di try to keep it out of the stitching line.
now that I think about it, maybe it's really more of a "hard" problem for the hand sewing part, but I do know that I have heard my machine groan :shock: if it has to make more than 2-3 stitches in the glue and I think if I were trying to move it around to be quilting it would look jerky in that spot.
I thought she was the smartest woman in the world when I saw her using glue!

azwendyg 11-03-2010 11:22 AM

I am 3/4 of the way done, gluing the last of the top to the already glued back and batting...I have run out of my spray baste. I am 20 miles to the nearest place to buy some. Any ideas to finish this last section of gluing the top to the batting???? Do I dare use Elmers??/

ok Ladies...I took the glue stick advice, since I had just purchased one to do an applique class. A little loose along the last border, but as of 1 am, this thing is quilted!! I am headed to sew on the binding. When done, I'll post photos!

Jeanie, I can't wait to see the photos!!!

quilting.addict 11-03-2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by azwendyg

Gonna start a new thread and post photos.
Jeanie, I can't wait to see the photos!!!