Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ - Is it worth it? Do you love it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq-worth-do-you-love-t178355.html)

delfi45 02-06-2012 11:46 AM

Its a great program and very user friendly. If you need help Quilt University has great class as well

Krystyna 02-06-2012 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by delfi45 (Post 4948825)
Its a great program and very user friendly. If you need help Quilt University has great class as well

Oh no! Don't tell me I'd have to take classes!!!

pdcakm 02-06-2012 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4948838)
Oh no! Don't tell me I'd have to take classes!!!

the eq site has great tutorials and other help. i haven't felt the need to take a class.

Krystyna 02-06-2012 12:27 PM

Good to know.

SuzanneG 02-06-2012 12:31 PM

I have EQ5 and I've never been tempted to upgrade it. I really do like it and I'm glad I have it, but truthfully, I'm far more likely to grab my graph paper, a ruler and colored pencils when the mood strikes to create a pattern or graph one from a picture of a quilt I like. But when I do take the time to pull up EQ5, I really enjoy it and will spend quite a while playing around with it! :)

ann clare 02-06-2012 12:57 PM

Rhonda has very helpful Tutorials on this board.

beaniekins 02-06-2012 01:14 PM

I have EQ6 and I really like it. I don't like that it only came with two installations, but I've only used one so far, and I hope to eventually upgrade to EQ7 where I am glad to hear that the number of installations you get won't be a problem. It is very easy to use and I didn't have to take any classes or anything to figure it out. I really like how it estimates fabric yardage and also that I can print off my own templates and sketches whenever I want. Since I really like to design my own quilts, I use it all the time.

dd55 02-06-2012 02:46 PM

i just bought eq7 but have not loaded it yet. can't wait to use it.

JudyTheSewer 02-06-2012 03:53 PM

Yes, it is worth it. Yes, I LOVE it. Freezer Paper paper piecing is my favorite piecing method (Judy Matheson's method). EQ is great for PP! I joined the Dear Jane group on this Quilt Board and bought that software also. An advantage of EQ is that you can easily make a quilt the size YOU want it by increasing/decreasing border width, block size - or - add/delete borders, rows, columns, etc.. I enjoy customizing my quilts. The Dear Jane's I am making has 5 inch blocks rather than 4.5". EQ makes that a snap to make that change and discover the final size of the quilt. And then it is also a snap to print out the foundation pattern that is in that 5" finished size. What a time saver when customizing the design. It is just plain fun to play with too! BUY YOUR'S TODAY! (I just had to do that HSN selling phrase! LOL)

Lori S 02-06-2012 04:59 PM

I have it but don't use it as much as I thought I would. It does take some of that wonderful anticipation out of the project. I guess sometimes I just want the suspense of the quilt revealing itself as I work on it.