Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric Moratorium Update - Feb 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-moratorium-update-feb-2011-a-t95818.html)

Prettiptibbs 02-04-2011 01:21 PM

Dont know what happened but I fell off the waggon... I bought 3 x 1/2 yard pieces of solid fabric to add to my "Plain spoken Quilt". They just yelled out my name when I walked into the store. I still resolve to stick to the plan!

SpotMurphy 02-05-2011 12:40 PM

I have been better because I'm on this board than I would have been on my own. I am breaking a very bad habit. I resisted several books that were calling my name just today.

Olivia's Grammy 02-05-2011 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by SpotMurphy
I have been better because I'm on this board than I would have been on my own. I am breaking a very bad habit. I resisted several books that were calling my name just today.

I need a book Moratorium and not just quilting books. :lol:

tinliz 02-05-2011 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy

I have cut my book spending way down by using my library card.

Olivia's Grammy 02-06-2011 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by tinliz

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy

I have cut my book spending way down by using my library card.

The library to me is like an ice cream store. I want ALL the books.

Julie in NM 02-06-2011 05:37 AM

Holding my own here. Working on UFOs and pretending it's new fabric. Just wonder how long I can fool myself. Too afraid to go the fab stores alone. Not sure how strong I am. Using the money I'm saving to send out larger quilts to be quilted.

willferg 02-06-2011 09:02 AM

I used up two gift cards in January because they were just burning a hole in my pocket, but nothing more. I still check Craigslist for sales, and I've found some, but then I ask myself what could I possibly find that I would just have to have? What could possibly be so great that it would make all the fabric I have now pale in comparison? Exactly. Time to sew with the fabric I already have and loved when I bought it.

Staying strong!

Olivia's Grammy 02-07-2011 07:11 AM

I am on the Yahoo group "Sewitsforsale". I've really been tempted lately. I read the post, save it for a while, go back read it again and tell myself "I really don't need it. Use what you have." Especially when I have something similar to what they are selling.

Lori S 02-07-2011 07:25 AM

Well I am onthe edge... I put some items in my shopping cart ( online) . And have till the endof the day to get the discount. ... I am so wanting to hit the button to confirm ... but am holding strong and not completeing the order. But they are beautiful!! All paisley ... my favorite colors too! This is really a good test of my will power.

bamamama 02-07-2011 07:28 AM

I pieced a king sized quilt completely out of scraps/existing fabrics and didn't even put a dent in it. That showed me that I don't need to buy any fabric.