Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric Moritorium Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-moritorium-challenge-t173983.html)

QuiltnNan 01-02-2012 07:01 AM

i'm in on this, also. my daughter gave me a gift card to a local fabric shop for Christmas. i'm going to try to use that for batting, though.

thanneaKS 01-02-2012 07:20 AM

I'm in, but it's going to hurt!!!! I need to stick to a better budget anyway, as my sub teaching jobs are thinning out and I simply don't want to add schools. Lots of retirees are getting first dibs, so I've decided to make it work on a more limited budget. Kicking the fabric habit will help--I've got enough fabric for two years' worth of clothing items and at least 10 quilts!!!!!

deedum 01-02-2012 07:22 AM

I am in. Although thru November is a long long time for I might exercise the "Some can do variations such as only 3 months, or a GREAT sale."

Also, I may join in if I may on loosing 5 lbs, I can pay myself $25 for my stash fund. that should encourage me, but I fell down the stairs last nite, head first. oak does not move, so exercising is out for a few days! Too sore to go shopping, but I had planned on this year being very frugal and just working out of my stash. So yesterday I put together a tumble quilt, I don't have any fabric for the border!So I will put that back and wait for the right fabric to appear. Seriously I am budgeting myself for the new year. So I AM IN!

#1piecemaker 01-02-2012 07:26 AM

I need to make this promise since I am destashing anyway. It would help. But, ohhhhhhhh, its so hard. Almost as hard as going on a diet!

Caroline S 01-02-2012 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 4832633)
to QUIT buying fabric is harder than to quit smoking!
I am really going to try...but with so many shops closing, it is going to be hard!

I am with you Jacquie. I am also trying to quit smoking. I WILL!! My reward will be to keep track of the $$$$ I will be saving and use the $$$ for LQS fabric. My reward for success. I hope that doesn't disqualify me from the moratorium.

sewmary 01-02-2012 07:58 AM

I am in! I made my last purchase for a quilt for my sister on Dec 30 - I have no traditional fabrics so had to buy all. The ladies all laughed at my resolution and are sure i will be back.

On the way out I spied a gorgeous batik that I am dying to have. I will use that for my losing weight reward since it has been made clear to me I HAVE to lose weight and get in shape. (I thought quitting smoking was easier than losing weight!)

nena 01-02-2012 08:07 AM

I went into withdraw just reading this.

judy363905 01-02-2012 09:46 AM

I am in.. I started working on stash in October and was amazed that what I had on hand, that fit my needs. Also, working on my batting supply...I really think I will have enough thread for 4 - 6 months....will use fabric groups on had for Sulbug BOM Calendar Quilt ...Looking forward to a fun 2012

Judy in Phx

katiebear1 01-02-2012 09:47 AM

I'm in. Except I am going to visit my DD and SIL in may and we are going to the big quilt show in Denver while I am there. So I get one free pass . Okay? :)

QuiltnLady1 01-02-2012 03:17 PM

I am in -- except for using the gift card from DH (that is free $$ -- right???). I will save it for something I can't live without :). Do rotary blades count as notions?