Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric Moritorium Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-moritorium-challenge-t173983.html)

Mona Marie 01-03-2012 06:50 AM

I have been on a no buy for a while now. Just buy blenders. I have not reached the end of my fabric yet. I think it multiplies as I don't seem to have any empty places. Have been doing a lot of scrappies with without buying, also

helenquilt 01-03-2012 07:03 AM

helenquilt

I did this in 2011. Only bought linings,batting and 4 fat quarters to finish a mystery quilt. Feels so good to have my fabric down to two plastic bins. Still have one small bin of UFO. Gave on away last night.

k9dancer 01-03-2012 07:24 AM

I'm in. First I organize the stash, then I shop from it. I would be open to trades, though.

Roxanne 01-03-2012 07:26 AM

Count me in too! I made it through 2011 with only 1 purchase of backing and batting so I feel like I can do it again. Plus this year I think I will work on restoration of my moms old treadle machine that's been in the storage room for 15 years!

craftiladi 01-03-2012 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by pattypurple (Post 4831781)
I'm going to try again this year. Last year I made it till Feb. I've just spent 1 1/2 wks. cleaning my sewing room. Found fabric I don't even remember buying. I have enough kits and UFOs that I could sew all year just to get them done (and that doesn't leave any time to sew purses for my craft shows). I'm almost embarrassed at the amount of fabric I have.
JUST BECAUSE IT'S ON SALE DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE TO BUY IT!!!!!!!!

he he...oh yes it does...lol sorry couldn't resist.....
Oh pat thanks for the chuckle, I needed that
dee

craftiladi 01-03-2012 07:59 AM

Great Timing..

1 Attachment(s)
See this house. well ours is pretty much the same lay out w/ the exception of the second story.....Weeeellll I vowed not to buy any fabric for a year if we could install the white vinyl fencing . He doesn't think I can do so he agreed. Now the deal doesn't go unless the fence is installed first...lol

sewlittle 01-03-2012 08:01 AM

I'm in. At my age (81) I've been trying. I have a charity quilt group that uses 9" blocks. I've donated quite a bit but do have trouble cutting up some favorites. I know I will never use those triangular cut offs! Can I throw them away?

Gramie bj 01-03-2012 08:28 AM

So proud of myself got a gift certificate for Joann's for Christmas, yesterday I was there and did NOT buy fabric! Just new ripper, 1 book of patterns, lg thread spool holder, and 2 spools of thread. I know myself well walked down the side of the shop where the have velvet, satin, bridel fabric ect. got my notions and book then back to the front the say way LOL didn't even look in the direction of the quilting fabric. It was hard but I did it! LOL

sblancarte 01-03-2012 08:47 AM

I'm in. My therapist says I'm spending money on fabric to soothe self--I have started making dolls to sell on etsy and using stash for doll clothes--I will only buy what I will sell on etsy. So far, in the last month I have only spent what I have made. Would like to go to the Houston Quilt show in October so I will try really hard to have money saved for that!

anniesews 01-03-2012 10:04 AM

OH, OH OH, that is too hard a challenge. I don't think I can hold out till then.