Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric Trends - no Mark Lipinski? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-trends-no-mark-lipinski-t154835.html)

pjnesler 09-23-2011 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by diane Sneed
That woman would have been arrested for agravated assault. My husband is an ex-cop and she should have been charged and made to go to anger management. Sounds like she is a bully and continues to get away with her bad behavior, Maybe the quilt shop owner is scared of her also.Sorry, you had such a bad time with psycho quilter.

:arrow: SCARRY :x
Who's next? good thing you made the report. Someone else down the road may need you to back them up - it most likely will happen again - that's just the way folks like that work..... :? I just can't understand that behavior..

BarbaraSue 09-23-2011 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by kayahr
Again!!?? I liked the old magazine. I remember he wrote an article about quiltzillas right about the time I had been punched (closed fist) in the chest by a fellow quilt guild member. Not that it made me feel any better knowing that kind of stuff happened elsewhere, but I know to be on my guard. If he hadn't written about something so outrageous, I wouldn't have known!

I am so sorry this happened to you. It seems very strange that even the shop owner would not tell the truth. I would think I could do without that group as well.

But please don't think that other quilt groups are like that. I've never seen as much as a disaggreement get loud at either group I belong to.

AnnaF 09-23-2011 02:46 PM

I've heard from a very good source (two ladies that have worked with him)he is very difficult to work with or for.

sap 09-23-2011 03:27 PM

with friends like that u don't need enemies

DirtyPaw 09-23-2011 03:53 PM

Wow that is unbelievable. As a retired cop in Kansas I can tell you we would of arrested her and she would of at least spent the night in jail until she saw the judge to set bail. Vicious...

Kas 09-23-2011 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04

Originally Posted by kayahr
Again!!?? I liked the old magazine. I remember he wrote an article about quiltzillas right about the time I had been punched (closed fist) in the chest by a fellow quilt guild member. Not that it made me feel any better knowing that kind of stuff happened elsewhere, but I know to be on my guard. If he hadn't written about something so outrageous, I wouldn't have known!

WHAT??!! OMG!! Whatever happened?! ( Oops, never mind, I just read it up a little further) And people wonder why we shouldnt carry guns!

Actually, if people know you are packing, they won't be inclined to punch you in the chest! I don't carry a gun, but I will fight for your right to do so.

zkosh 09-23-2011 05:31 PM

How awful! Not to mention shocking and painful. I'm so sorry that happened to you, and I am very sad that she was a Texan. We're mostly good people and I apologize for your terrible treatment by a fellow Texan. :oops: :cry:

valerieolm 09-23-2011 09:24 PM

Totally unbelievable! I wonder if she has children and they're learning her aggressive behavior. Not a very good role model.

blueangel 09-23-2011 09:34 PM

Unaccepable behavior. I sure wouldn't belong to that group.

suzanprincess 09-24-2011 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by valerieolm
Totally unbelievable! I wonder if she has children and they're learning her aggressive behavior. Not a very good role model.

If she does have kids they are surely learning from her; if she cannot control her anger in public, she doesn't at home either! When I worked at a middle school I saw a 7th grade boy fist-punch another kid in the chest; that was the last I saw of the offender, as he was expelled the same day. Another incident involved a girl who picked a fight with another; when her mother came to pick her up (suspended for fighting) I heard Mom clearly yell to the offender that she "had permission to kick her ass" next time. Apples fall right under those trees, don't they!