Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   'fess up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fess-up-t146681.html)

Kappy 08-22-2011 01:49 PM

I kinda subscribe to this theory:

I understand the concept of cooking and cleaning,
just not as it applies to me.
I read recipes the same way I read science fiction -
I get to the end and think ........
Well, that's not gonna happen!
I find it helps to categorize my chores:
Things I won't do now.
Things I won't do later.
Things I'll never do.
There should be support groups for women who can't put their dishes in the dishwasher dirty.
Maxine taught me this lifestyle and I thank her for it! 8-)

Also, my sewing room is small, it has a door, therefore I shove stuff into it that does not belong there, just because I can then...shut the door! :wink:

Brynn 08-22-2011 02:05 PM

The DBF has finally given up and let me set up shop on our dinner table; since we usually eat dinner in front of the TV it wasn't a huge sacrifice, but I find I'm doing a lot more sewing with it all out. That being said, I clean up in little fits and starts. Should probably do it more often since I don't have a whole lot of space!

grandme26 08-22-2011 02:21 PM

That is one of the reason I have a maid. She does a great job of cleaning my sewing area and keeping my tables straightened up.

sylviasmom 08-22-2011 03:39 PM

I don't consider myself a neat freak, but I do tidy as I go. Even when cooking, I will clean a spill befor it drys and hardens. When shopping,I will refold clothes others have unfolded, pick things of the floor. But I am getting better at that, I remind myself, I don't work there.

katesnanna 08-22-2011 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by MargeD
Well, I'm a little of both. I used to have my own sewing room where only TJ the cat and I entered at our own peril, but all my projects were in one room, in one place. Since we downsized to an apt., my sewing room is also my bedroom, sooo - when I'm working on a project, things go on my bed for lack of space. Therefore, if I wish to sleep in my bed at night, I need to clear off my bed before I go to bed, so yes I pick up, but my sewing area is not letter perfect.

Sounds like me. It used to be "I sew in my bedroom, but now it's, I sleep in my sewing room". Oh! for the joy of another room on my doll's house. My bed is my design wall. works fine with a white sheet spread over it.

debbieoh 08-22-2011 04:07 PM

Count me in as a SLOB!!
:roll: :lol: :oops:

Phannie1 08-22-2011 04:10 PM

I clean before I can work. I leave after working because I work late into the night.

momto5 08-22-2011 04:25 PM

'Fraid I'm a slob too...but that's okay 'cause I don't have to please a soul but me! I have two sewing/computer/design rooms (and stash) as well as a 12-foot Gammill long arm in my living room...it's there because that's where I do my "living",ie,quilting!
So yep, color me a slob too... :-P

yesyoucan 08-22-2011 04:45 PM

Isn't that why they invented doors?If there is a path I can get through I am good.lol

sak658 08-22-2011 04:53 PM

I staighten up and put things up after each sewing session. Especially at night when I know I'm going to sew again the next day. Just makes it easier for me.