Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   foot pedal wandering (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/foot-pedal-wandering-t71350.html)

quilting cat 10-20-2010 09:50 PM

I have a waffle-textured rubber pad under mine; sold as shelf liner material here in earthquake country. You also might try the non-slip material they make to go under throw rugs.

GrannieAnnie 10-20-2010 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by masmipa
What clever ideas and creative ways have you found to keep your foot pedal from scooting across the floor/rug? i am always fishing around with my toes to try to find it!

I sew on a manufactured wood floor. I'm tired of chasing my foot control around. In the very near future, I'm going to ge some of the rubbery meshy stuff that you anchor rugs with and see if that helps. I spend almost as much time "toeing" my foot control as I do sewing.

GrannieAnnie 10-20-2010 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by mamaw
I use a mousepad...the ones made of the spongy material...works great for me.

Sounds good. If I can find the mouse pad that I don't use for the mouse.

GrannieAnnie 10-20-2010 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by dellareya
Wow, you guys are brave to sew barefooted. I drop way to many pins to let my bare feet touch the ground. The moving foot pedal problem bugged me for years. My new machine just has a push button that I just love. No foot control required.

About sewing barefoot.

One day I was sewing and had a terrible time with the foot control. I just could not get it to cooperate with me. I tried for an hour or so to determine what was wrong.
I WAS SEWING WITH SHOES ON. I never, never, never wear shoes in the house to start with. Don't know why I was wearing them that day. Anyway, got my control back when the shoes came off.

sewTinker 10-21-2010 01:59 AM

I use a mousepad also, and keep one in my traveling kit.

Yarn or Fabric 10-21-2010 02:42 AM

I have a piece of soft vinyl under the mat - a good sized piece. It doesn't scoot at all.

I also have heard of others using that rubbery shelf liner paper to keep it in place ;)

Darlene 10-21-2010 02:56 AM

My DH cut a piece of wood and nailed it thru the carpet it still moves but not as much.

plainpat 10-21-2010 03:33 AM

I cut an old bath mat in 4 pieces.Using one under the foot control works for me.

brightstar_202 10-21-2010 05:34 AM

myself I use the rubber stuff you buy for place mats and things it is like a webbing material. I put it on the floor and put my foot pedal on it and it stays in place.
I think it is use basicly for keeping things in place on the table but it works well for the foot pedal with carpet or on hard flooring as well.

janb 10-21-2010 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by mamaw
I use a mousepad...the ones made of the spongy material...works great for me.

I have had this problem, and I think the mousepad will be the one I will try next. My DH wrapped mine with rubber bands and it worked for a while. Great ideas !