Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Frustration with quilt kit (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/frustration-quilt-kit-t47975.html)

GrammaNan 06-01-2010 03:27 PM

I am sorry about the struggle with the kit. I have only purchased two quilt kits and they were both complete. I hope that your situation is truly an exception and the you get what you need and quickly.

Eddie 06-01-2010 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80

Originally Posted by Eddie
Hi Rachel,

Is the fabric in the kit from a specific fabric collection? If so, maybe someone here on the QB can send you a 10" square from their stash. I'll be glad to if I have the collection or something very similar. Can you post a pic of the squares you have?

Hi Eddie,

All the fabric in this quilt is from the Patisserie collection from Fig Tree Quilts. I don't think the collection is too old so I should be able to find one extra piece without much trouble. I'm not picky about which piece I get, I just need one with more contrast than the cream provides.

Here's a link to the fabrics; http://www.figtreequilts.com/images/...Patisserie.pdf I just noticed at the bottom it says March of '09 so I guess it is a little on the older side.

I do have a layer cake of that collection! :D (Yes, I realize this probably speaks volumes about how I have TOO MUCH fabric, LOL!) Is there a particular one of the fabrics you'd like? Just tell me the fabric number + name and I'll be glad to pull it out and send it to you. I have SO MUCH fabric that I know I'll never miss this one square, LOL! :D

knlsmith 06-01-2010 03:45 PM

I have heard others having problems with kits. I haven't had any yet (knock on wood). i will say that when i buy a kit from a quilt shop, I ask if I can take it apart so i can look at all the pieces. This gives me a chance to make sure I understand what fabric they have assigned for each step. I can also get a good idea if there is enough fabric. This helped me with my flannel quilt i did awhile back, there was actually half a yard of flannel missing, so the shop fixed it and went thru there other kits to make sure they weren't short either.

Rachelcb80 06-01-2010 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80

Hi Rachel,

Is the fabric in the kit from a specific fabric collection? If so, maybe someone here on the QB can send you a 10" square from their stash. I'll be glad to if I have the collection or something very similar. Can you post a pic of the squares you have?

Hi Eddie,

All the fabric in this quilt is from the Patisserie collection from Fig Tree Quilts. I don't think the collection is too old so I should be able to find one extra piece without much trouble. I'm not picky about which piece I get, I just need one with more contrast than the cream provides.

Here's a link to the fabrics; http://www.figtreequilts.com/images/...Patisserie.pdf I just noticed at the bottom it says March of '09 so I guess it is a little on the older side.

I do have a layer cake of that collection! :D (Yes, I realize this probably speaks volumes about how I have TOO MUCH fabric, LOL!) Is there a particular one of the fabrics you'd like? Just tell me the fabric number + name and I'll be glad to pull it out and send it to you. I have SO MUCH fabric that I know I'll never miss this one square, LOL! :D

Omigosh Eddie, you DO have too much fabric!! :D Are you sure you want to pull a square out of your layer cake and have an incomplete collection? Let me see if the seller contacts me back in the next day or so before I ask you to take from your stash. If I do have to ask you for a square I'd say for you to pick out your least favorite one and send me. And I'd send you this extra one I have in return. That way you'd still have 42 squares, just a repeat of one. But again, let me see if the seller comes through first. Thank you so much for the offer!

roseOfsharon 06-01-2010 03:53 PM

awww, such a sweet guy that Eddie is! I hope it works out for you rachel.

Eddie 06-01-2010 04:03 PM

Ok, Rachel, just let me know, I'll be happy to do it! :D

Fiber Artist 06-01-2010 04:44 PM

Ok, Rachel, just let me know, I'll be happy to do it! :D

Just goes to show how kind hearted quilters are!!!

amma 06-01-2010 09:25 PM

You are such a sweetie Eddie :D:D:D
I am sorry your first experience with a kit was disappointing...

knlsmith 06-01-2010 11:12 PM

You rock Eddie! Lol. That's what my daughter would say. ;)

Rachelcb80 06-03-2010 04:49 AM

The seller contacted me back yesterday and was very appologetic. She did say that she had sold 7 or 8 of these kits and not had this complaint before. I guess others weren't as worried about making it correctly, but I am. :P She offered to let me pick out whichever fabric I wanted a square of but I told her to just pick one of the darker colors, I wasn't picky.

So thank you so much again Eddie. Your offer was beyond kind! For future reference though, I know the first person I'm asking if I'm looking for a specific fabric! :D