Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Gingher (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gingher-t99408.html)

quilteragogo 02-15-2011 05:59 AM

:oops: :roll: never heard of them.. will have to look it up. Sure learning a lot from all of you.. ;-) Thanks. I have to use you all for my quilting guild LOL :oops: :lol:

jaciqltznok 02-15-2011 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by nanquilt
Did you hear that Gingher has sold out to Havel?

Have not heard that, so sent a note off asking them. I found NO info on google about it either!

I do know that Gingher.US is working through Sonoma cutlery.

marlene tarzwell 02-15-2011 08:58 AM

I was lucky enough to get a 5 of their little snip scissors, 3 sm. ones in the black sheath and 2 curved ones in sheaths. They were only $4.00 ea. and a pair of reg.la ones and a pinking ones for $6.00. All New!!! I just love them. I found them at a hugs Flea Market [Jockey Lots] here in Anderson, SC. I have gotten thousands of card stickers and every thing you can imagine for card making.Love the little Bumble Bee scissors.[get those for $4 each.] I haven't been there in a couple of months because I had surgery one a heel and this place is giant to walk around I just love GREAT BUYS!!!.

Pat G 02-15-2011 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
Here is a picture of them. lol My hand is in the picture to show some size perspective. :)

I love this size of your little scissors. I have a sm. pr. on the stick on hook on the end of my sewing mach. & another in my cutting area.

I treated myself to a pr. of Ginghers a few yrs. ago but didn't use them until recently because I found them to be so heavy. Once I started & discovered how nicely they cut, I use them all the time.

nanquilt 02-16-2011 10:14 AM

You are so fortunate to have found these wonderful scissors at such a low price. Value them as they are becoming extinct as Ginghers and will have the name of Havel on future Gingher scissors, but never fear. I recently bought five inch Havel embroidery scissors to use with appliques in the hoop. They are curved and make trimming a breeze.

Sandi Furtado 03-21-2011 11:57 PM

Congratulations! When I go to Gresham, Oregon during my Easter break at the end of April I plan on buying a pair of Gingher, they are wonderful scissors.

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
I got a new pair of Gingher scissors in the mail yesterday. I won a GC in one of the shop hops, so I bought them. I am so excited!! I was showing them off to dh, he just laughed at me. The things we quilters get excited about!!

hspirit_99 03-22-2011 12:46 AM

at xmas i received a gift from one of Santa's Elfs and in the box was a small pair of Gingher scissors. i took them out of the box and looked at them and realized that i had 2 very old pairs just like that (very old, my GMs). which no one is allowed to even touch. i cried because i loved those scissors but could not use them. they are the ones that curve at the end. they are wonderful. i have lots of old stuff like that and they are in safe keeping.