Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Good news! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/good-news-t63225.html)

MI Applique Queen 09-07-2010 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by catrancher
Good for you, and how nice to have such an appreciative customer. I saw some "designer" bags at a gift shop recently. They were things we here on the board make all the time. There was nothing special about them, but they were very cute and colorful. I couldn't believe the price that was on them. Hundreds of dollars. (Huh?) I need to make more bags. Maybe they'll sell mine too. (Actually, I don't want to sew for money. It would seem too much like a job if I did that, and I don't want it to be my job. But I'm happy for those of you who are successful selling your beautiful creations.)

I'll be 60 next month and would love to be able to retire from child care. It is a lot of hard work and exhausting. So if I could sew and sell my things I would do it. I'm hoping it move into doing just that and some dog training. I'm hoping to be able to make enough to get out of child care. I think I need to sell my purses for more money too.

Ldydrifter 09-07-2010 07:31 AM

Yes, now that you say that, I have to admit that I too am paid in other ways as you are and it is nice. I just needed someone like you to come along and remind me of that.

The Bag Lady 09-07-2010 09:39 AM

MP Speedy is that Luther's coat of arms in the one block of yur picture. it sure looks lik it.

plainpat 09-07-2010 10:11 AM

That's so nice.Someone who knows you were selling your work too cheap.Good luck in meeting more ppl like her.

mylela1776 09-07-2010 04:10 PM

Good for you. That is great news

Poodles 09-07-2010 05:53 PM

That was a good thing the lady did! I used too do woodworking and make things to go in the yard. Every holiday I would work till 12:00-1:00 AM and go to bed and get back up at 5:00 Am and head back too the shop. MY yard and orders was full. But I never got anything for my time. I still have people come and ask me about making them some candy canes and I tell them I had too give that up about 15 years ago because of my health. So I am always thankful when someone knows that you deserve something for your time also.

zz-pd 09-07-2010 10:15 PM

Congratulations, I sold one of my doll quilts to a member on the board for twenty dollors, I know it is kinda low, but I am a begener, and the twenty went towards food in the house, as I just had to pay for a doctor appointment, so that money came out of the grocery money. It is always a rough month when there is a doctor appointment in the month. God bless you, and may you get a hole lot more orders. Penny

Mousie 09-08-2010 06:17 PM

that's just the best story :thumbup:
good for all of you! :-D

alikigirl 09-08-2010 07:32 PM

It is nice when someone recognizes that being able to sew is a talent.

Annya 09-09-2010 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by penny doty
Congratulations, I sold one of my doll quilts to a member on the board for twenty dollars, I know it is kinda low, but I am a beginner, and the twenty went towards food in the house, as I just had to pay for a doctor appointment, so that money came out of the grocery money. It is always a rough month when there is a doctor appointment in the month. God bless you, and may you get a hole lot more orders. Penny

I know what you mean by not being able to spell. I check what I wrote and then have to go back and edit it so it sounds right, but some times I still stuff it up.