Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guess-what-else-they-had-harbor-freight-t59794.html)

sherriequilts 08-19-2010 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I've gotten three of those super grips on garage sales for 50 cents or a $1 each. LOVE THEM! I'm planning a trip to HF or a similar cheap tool store the next time I go to town. If they have cheap blades I'm going to get all they have. I also want to see if they have some cheap 3/4 or 1" metal tape measures so that I can take them apart and cut them up for snap bags.

what are snap bags? btw, really like your quilt by your name!

raptureready 08-19-2010 01:30 PM

Our Harbor Freight was all out of the blades so when I got home I looked them up on the internet and wanted to order some. They're backordered until at least Oct. 1st!!!! I did find a 1"x25' tape measure for snap purses though. Only $2.99.

crkathleen 08-19-2010 01:34 PM

i called my local store. there wasn't any in stock :(

cloudswinger 08-19-2010 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Georgia Peach
Don't forget about the 20% coupon and coupon for a free small LED flashlight for Harbor Freight in your Sunday coupon flyer sections too.

You can use the coupon on sale items too, so if you have a bigger ticket item you want to buy, wait for a sale and use the coupon. There's always a coupon in Popular Science, but I've been seeing the coupons more and more these days in other places.

On the other hand, all the stuff is cheap because they come from China(hence the harbor freight!), so tool quality can vary. Both my husband and I have bought stuff from there, and sometimes we love them, sometimes we hate them.

wvdek 08-19-2010 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo

Originally Posted by pieces
Be careful with the magnetic products. They should not be used around the computerized sewing machines. :D

All but the very old computerized machines have a magnetic shield. There is no worry with a magnet pin cushion being around the machine.

My tech told me to not allow magnetic stuff around my machine, because all magnets have different strengths and the 'shields' can't hold back the stronger magnets. Because he is certified in Janome, Elna, and Berninas, I choose to follow his advice. Everyone needs to use their own judgement.
Sorry to hijack.

Stitchnripper 08-19-2010 02:48 PM

Little did I know we have a Harbor Freight here in town, and, right across the street from a quilt store! I bought the last pack of blades, didn't see the cutter, but I will check back from time to time. I'm wondering if the quilt store will notice a drop in sales of blades.

granny_kee 08-19-2010 03:01 PM

what a neat site, I also found other things I could not live without-hee,hee. Do love this site !!!!

Quilter Day-by-Day 08-19-2010 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Our Harbor Freight was all out of the blades so when I got home I looked them up on the internet and wanted to order some. They're backordered until at least Oct. 1st!!!! I did find a 1"x25' tape measure for snap purses though. Only $2.99.

What are snap purses? Is snap bags the samething because I saw that post early today?

flybreit 08-19-2010 03:20 PM

Love Harbor Freight - got some blades thanks to this board :-) Got a couple of other little things.....and they have the best little divided plastic boxes - like for sewing machine feet!! Lot's less than the fabric stores or Hobby Lobby. Just wandered around and had fun!

gypsylady5 08-19-2010 03:58 PM

Guess I'm on my way there tomorrow. Have to go to the KMart by where the store is here in our little town.... Woohee, cheap blades and other goodies. I've always loved hardware stores, but stopped shopping at them when the big stores came into being. Thanks for the tips.