Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guess-what-else-they-had-harbor-freight-t59794.html)

calicocat 08-17-2010 03:31 AM

I took the recent topic on rotary cutter blades and went to our Harbor Freight and found them without much trouble. THANK YOU for this find!!!!!!

But I also found Super Grip Handles there exactly like the one they sell in the Keepsake quilting catalog. KQ sells for 14.99 The one at HF was only 6.99

I love going to the hardware store for quilting supplies!

Again Thank you!!!

nursie76 08-17-2010 03:35 AM

So you found them too!! LOL Isn't it great? I posted about this a couple of times...I think it so neat! DH found these around Christmas time. They also have several sizes of the round handles for the smaller rulers. Aren't we thrift quilters though? ;-) Leaves us more $$ for fabric!

mygirl66 08-17-2010 03:45 AM

Harbor Freight sells blades for rotary cutters?! I need to go there!

Nancy S. 08-17-2010 03:46 AM

I saw the post yesterday and checked on line for the blades and they are back ordered. We don't have a HF here. Anyway what size roller does it fit? Just in case I may come across one.

KathyAire 08-17-2010 05:35 AM

They also have the big round magnetic ashtrays. I have two of them and they are strong. Your pins will not get away.

rwquilts 08-17-2010 05:37 AM

What cool things you find out when you read the board! Thanks everyone for great tips for cheap supplies!

gollytwo 08-17-2010 06:02 AM

I've tried their website but haven't had any luck with their store locator. I either am misreading the instructions, they don't work or my computer is resisting.
Does anyone know of a Harbor Freight store in New Hampshire?

I tried a Loew's over the weekend in upstate New York; they don't carry round carpet cutters blades.

raptureready 08-17-2010 06:40 AM

I've gotten three of those super grips on garage sales for 50 cents or a $1 each. LOVE THEM! I'm planning a trip to HF or a similar cheap tool store the next time I go to town. If they have cheap blades I'm going to get all they have. I also want to see if they have some cheap 3/4 or 1" metal tape measures so that I can take them apart and cut them up for snap bags.

brookemarie19 08-17-2010 07:19 AM

ok, I just looked online and saw that the replacement blades were the diameter of 1.75 Does anyone know what that would break down in as far as mm, so that I know if I have the right size rotary cutter for them?

raptureready 08-17-2010 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19
ok, I just looked online and saw that the replacement blades were the diameter of 1.75 Does anyone know what that would break down in as far as mm, so that I know if I have the right size rotary cutter for them?

I just went and measured. 1.75" diameter translates into a 45mm blade, the same as the medium cutter takes. The medium is the one I use all the time as do most people, I think.