Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Guild meeting spaces? Need some suggestions please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guild-meeting-spaces-need-some-suggestions-please-t105927.html)

jad1044 03-09-2011 05:56 AM

There is also the local VFW's or Legion Halls - probably no storage - what you carry in, you have to take back out - but community gathering places, senior centers, libraries, all of which has been mentioned including schools - there may even be rooms available in schools during the school day which are not used on a daily basis! it takes time to find these, but with patience, and preservierance, you will find the perfect spot - quilt on - enjoy!

peabee 03-09-2011 05:58 AM

wow, we meet in a lot of places!

Needlegrammy 03-09-2011 06:21 AM

If you were closer you could meet at the quilt shop here in Chapel Hill . Cindy is moving down the road to a larger building.

Originally Posted by Chickerson
Our little guild of about 47 women has lost our meeting space. It is perfect, storage, tables, chairs, kitchen lots of outlets and in a church. So we have been busy looking at other churches but have not had any success YET!

Where do other guilds meet? Any suggestions? Since we don't raise money and just make quilts for charity money is an issue.

I appreciate your feedback.
Blessings bunches

SandraD 03-09-2011 06:25 AM

You can check with your City Hall. We have meeting spaces that we rent out, however if your doing work for charity, they may allow you the space for free.

quiltmom04 03-09-2011 06:32 AM

We meet at a local nursing home in a conference room. I don't like it though, becasue it's where my grandmother died, and I still choke up whenever I go in.

GlitzyMe 03-09-2011 07:09 AM

Maybe one of your local quilt shops will let you meet there.

Chickerson 03-09-2011 07:09 AM

I want to thank you all for the suggestions. We have gone to 54 churches, Lions Club (wants 150a day), Jaycee Bldg (wants 100 a day), Agricultural center (wants 300.00 a day. the banks we have contacted do not have the space, went to electric company, water company, library (very small room for 10), City Hall no meeting room, Boys and Girls Club not able to assist. UGH! We have one possibility of a Civil War Museum, I'm hoping it'll work out. This has been a long 7 days of hitting the bricks knocking on doors. I know we'll find a place. The schools can't help us because we meet during the day. There is a place and I'll keep you posted where we land!

Out of our search we received 50 bolts of fabric donation and have meet very lovely people doing amazing ministry all through our little town. That alone is worth the search! :-)

Lady Diana 03-09-2011 07:09 AM

Communtiy Centers, Senior Centers, Librarys, Lions Club, Chamber of Commerce, Vacant retail space (work with owner), and of course, our churches.
D in TX

Ann S. 03-09-2011 08:02 AM

Our Grady County Quilters meet in our public library conference room, but we meet during the day hours. Sometimes, we book the room for a workshop, push lots of tables together, and baste quilts. We bring our picnic lunch and make a day of it.

Quilting Pastor 03-09-2011 08:46 AM

you may want to consider a church fellowship hall or local library.