Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Gypsy Wife (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gypsy-wife-t297797.html)

sJens 06-24-2018 01:37 PM

jmoore that is a beautiful quilt.

nativetexan 06-24-2018 02:18 PM

oh my, i must make one more batik for a friend. You would show this one. I love it. don't really want to do it, just finished another one. it is gorgeous though!!!

Jodiecoyote 06-24-2018 06:40 PM

Thanks for the link. If I do my own, it will just be inspired by the Gypsy Wife pattern. I don't know what it is, but as soon as I saw one of these, I was captivated!

Lady Diana 06-25-2018 04:31 AM

I almost purchased this pattern yesterday, then I read the reviews. Lots of complaints on the instruction, homemade copied pages, gray printing, not black, poor instruction, errors in pattern, high cost for what you get......well I might have to think about this for a while...Love the finished quilt and love your quilt. I would like to hear from you, what you thought of the pattern and any difficulties you had. thank you. PS. I purchased another of her patterns last month from Quilt in a Day. I had the same complaints. First time I ever sent anything back to Eleanor. I noticed they no longer have that pattern for sale on the site.

rryder 06-26-2018 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 8080964)
I've had the same thought, of making my own sampler rather than following a pattern. The vertical stripes seem to be the distinguishing feature of the Gypsy Wife quilt. I don't know about a quilt-along though. Nan closed one thread with the explanation that it was turning into a quilt-along, and this wasn't the forum for it.

If you wanted to do it as a quilt along I think you could start a thread on the challenges forum.

Rob

Macybaby 06-26-2018 05:33 AM

I plan on doing another, but will pick out different blocks to use. Maybe all with star variations so there is more unification. it's just too random for me. Looks more like someone pulled all their orphan blocks out and put them into a quilt adding the strips to make it big enough.

Which isn't a bad idea to do at all - if you have a bunch of orphan blocks in assorted sizes. Just add border strips to them if you need to make them a bit larger so they will fit.

cashs_mom 06-26-2018 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana (Post 8081764)
I almost purchased this pattern yesterday, then I read the reviews. Lots of complaints on the instruction, homemade copied pages, gray printing, not black, poor instruction, errors in pattern, high cost for what you get......well I might have to think about this for a while...Love the finished quilt and love your quilt. I would like to hear from you, what you thought of the pattern and any difficulties you had. thank you. PS. I purchased another of her patterns last month from Quilt in a Day. I had the same complaints. First time I ever sent anything back to Eleanor. I noticed they no longer have that pattern for sale on the site.

I"m not sure if these people purchased bootleg products or what, but I have the pattern and it's a nice product, professionally printed. It is not printed on glossy paper with a hard cover, but the only thing that appeared to be "homemade" i.e., printed on a printer, was a correction page. The "gray" printing is the border which is intentionally printed in gray so that instructions which are printed in black stand out more.

Lady Diana 06-29-2018 09:04 AM

cashs mom.....thank you for responding, I will check to see where I can get one.