Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hand Quilting Frames - Information Needed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hand-quilting-frames-information-needed-t40736.html)

Boston1954 03-28-2010 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This does not roll, but the plastic pieces get removed and then the quilt is pushed to the next section you want done. It is wonderful. Jim got it on sale for $65.00. (regular $109.00). It does not take up a lot of space, I can put it together by myself with no tools, all four legs are adjustable in height.

wsquilting 03-28-2010 05:20 PM

I have been hand quilting all sizes of quilts on my Q-snap floor frame. I spray baste the quilts first and work from the center outwards in all directions. Actually, I cut the long sides of my Q-snap shorter in length and cut all legs shorter in height, and now have a frame that is the correct height for me, and I can reach to the center from all sides.

vanessa 03-29-2010 05:17 AM

Good Morning!

Thank you for all the wonderful advice. I made a decision. I found a Grace EZ3-FF for $199 on ebay. Brand new and still in the box. Didn't have to pay extra for shipping and handling.

I have my own quilting room, so I figure I can set it up and leave it as long as I want to.

Vanessa

Gelswood 03-29-2010 10:16 AM

Glad you found one! You will LOVE ut!!!

sak658 03-29-2010 11:24 AM

Craftiladi, I got a Janome 2139, I haven't got to try it yet, had other prior stuff to do. But excited to get to it some time this week.

sak658 03-29-2010 11:26 AM

Janome 2139

craftiladi 03-30-2010 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by sak658
Craftiladi, I got a Janome 2139, I haven't got to try it yet, had other prior stuff to do. But excited to get to it some time this week.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my inquiry, I am still trying to decide what machine I want.

Grammiesews 03-30-2010 05:14 AM

I have a large quilt frame that I used on my first quilts. The problem with it is that once you set it up you can't take it down until you complete your quilt. The next thing I tried was the pipe frame from JoAnn's. I find that it doesn't hold the fabric as tight as I like. I then moved to a round lap quilt hoop and love it. I boutht mine from my local quilt shop when it was on sale. Using this one I can take the quilt from room to room or even quilt in the car.

mrsd1pendy 12-07-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by humbird (Post 904595)
Louise C posted photo's of her fan type frame. Just type "fan type frame" in the search above. It looks interesting, and I believe she said she got it on e-bay. Not sure of the cost.

I would love to see this frame. I saw a fan style frame (used with 3 - 1x2 boards the width of your quilt) that you could order online a couple of weeks ago - but I cannot find it now. I would really like one because of the lack of technology to use.

Quiltingthetownred 12-07-2011 07:54 AM

Hi Vanessa, have you ever considered second hand? A Jasmine Heirloom quilt frame, hand made, made by the old owner (before 2003) is a great frame that gives you the non basting option. Second hand available for 150-300 dollars, check Craigslist. Then you have a quality item within your budget.

I own one, and I love it! It even has her own name ;-).
Just my two cents!

Good luck with finding your best option.

Have fun quilting,
Anymart