Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Harbor Freight and sewing room supplies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/harbor-freight-sewing-room-supplies-t223313.html)

Emma S 06-09-2013 04:07 PM

Good for you Michelle. I think it is always important to keep your hubby off balance. LOL

tesspug 06-09-2013 04:12 PM

I got a side ways screwdriver. It's perfect for removing the screw in my cover plate.

pattypurple 06-09-2013 04:14 PM

I got clamps to attach quilts to a table when I'm pinning it.

Lisa Marie 06-09-2013 04:26 PM

I recently purchased a three shelf cart with wheels. It's for keeping my work space clean but it can hold my other projects so I don't forget about them. Love the cart by the way it is red.

deedum 06-09-2013 05:16 PM

I shop at Harbor Freight, while my dh just follows me around in there. I buy their carpet blades, the magnetic bowls, (don't get them around the computerized machines). I got the long 14" scissors which I do like for cutting batting.
the magnetic long wand. My favorite item is the drawer storage thing with all the little drawers for bolts and nuts!

Gramie bj 06-09-2013 06:32 PM

magnet on telescoping wand, blades for rotary cutter, magnet bowels, ratchet screwdriver, utility scissors about 14 inches, set of drawers to hang on wall (holds really small things, needles, special buttons, chalk) hooks and baskets for my peg board, a collapsible cart with wheels and handle to toate my supplies to classes, and retreats. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, LOL

GEMRM 06-09-2013 06:40 PM

I got a small laser light that mounts on my machine (on the frame) so I can trace a pantograph.It mounts by sticky tape, screws, or magnetic tape. I have a second light that I am thinking of mounting on the front of my regular machine so I can follow a line of stitching (like the new machine that has a laser light directly in line with needle). I think it only cost $5. and DH was the one who found it for me - the manufacturer of my frame wanted $60 for a "laser light" that works the same way.

GrannieAnnie 06-09-2013 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by michelleoc (Post 6112508)
I usually take my Kindle and sit in the car when my husband goes to Harbor Freight. I've heard various people here on the Boards mentioning things they've gotten there. What have you gotten at Harbor Freight that has come in handy for your sewing? Next time my DH goes, I'm going in with him!

One favorite is the extending magnetic rod that I pick up wayward pins with. I'm not at all limber any more and often use it to pick up the scissors and other heavier stuff I drop------and I drop a lot. I've got an extra on in the kitchen to pick up dinnerware off the floor--------drop a fork or spoon every time I go to the kitchen

And I could never go back to a cloth pin cushion. I've got a 4" and a 6" magnetic parts bowl.

GrannieAnnie 06-09-2013 08:41 PM

I also bought a head lamp that has an adjustable light. It's on a head band sort of thing. I don't use it all the time, but it's really handy for threading the needle.

GrannieAnnie 06-09-2013 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj (Post 6113553)
magnet on telescoping wand, blades for rotary cutter, magnet bowels, ratchet screwdriver, utility scissors about 14 inches, set of drawers to hang on wall (holds really small things, needles, special buttons, chalk) hooks and baskets for my peg board, a collapsible cart with wheels and handle to toate my supplies to classes, and retreats. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, LOL

I'm going to have to apologize up front------------but don't magnet BOWELS get to be a pain in the gut?

I really shouldn't even joke about this. I'm the worst speller and typist on this board.