Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you heard of Noddy from Toy Town? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-heard-noddy-toy-town-t59197.html)

Mamagus 08-15-2010 05:29 AM

Maybe being Canadian might explain it, but Noddy is in my earliest childhood memories. LOVED the books!

daisylil 08-15-2010 06:58 AM

oh yes , he is a staple fave for children here , i was born in 50s and enid blyton was the top author then, and still is for most my age :) i am in the uk by the way :)

Lacelady 08-15-2010 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by cindit
My mom is British (she was a war bride from WWII) and we had all the original Noddy books. The newer ones aren't the same. When my first granddaughter came along in 2008, my daughter tried to buy a bunch of the older books on ebay, but, for some reason, people in the UK don't want to ship to the US.

The fabric swatches you displayed look like the "new" Noddy. They are pretty darn cute though. Will we be able to get them in the US?

So sorry you couldn't get the UK seller to ship to the US. In my experience, it is far harder to get a US seller to ship to Europe!

daisylil 08-15-2010 07:55 AM

i would gladly send a couple of books if needed , just have to ask :)

daisylil 08-15-2010 08:33 AM

ohhh the faraway tree , my alltime fave book , i do have a copy and several others

SharonC 08-15-2010 08:34 AM

Oh gosh, I grew up with Noddy :)
He's a british character and I still have one of my old books :)

cindit 08-15-2010 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by belgrave
I am 62 years old and read Noddy and his friends when I was a very young child. Wonderful reading for children even though for a time it was deemed inappropriate and banned in some countries. Some rather strange politically correct people thought Noddy and Big Ears relationship was unhealthy. As an innocent child, I never saw that side and was never corrupted by them but loved them.

Another "issue" was Golliwog. People thought it was an inappropriate stereotype of blacks. Funny how I never thought anything of it as a child. They treated him well in the books. I think it was just the way he looked.

The back middle character is Golliwog
[ATTACH=CONFIG]97485[/ATTACH]

Kieta 08-15-2010 10:53 AM

my 3 & 4 year old love Noddy. his show can be found in the US on the Sprout channel. we get it with direct tv. i would need to make two quilts with noddy fabric to avoid fights. so many fabrics so little time.

Teacup 08-15-2010 06:08 PM

I never heard of Noddy until my granddaughter lived with us at age 2 and we discovered him on the Sprout channel on cable TV.

lindyline 08-15-2010 06:45 PM

I can't believe you've never heard of Noddy and Big Ears and Mr Plod. They were a great part of my childhood.
My sisters and I had a doll of each of the characters.
Loved them. Maybe it was just an Australian/English thing.