Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you made a New Year's Sewing Resolution Yet? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-made-new-years-sewing-resolution-yet-t209616.html)

donac 12-30-2012 07:36 AM

I need to clean up my sewing space. We had a bad storm the other night and got water in the basement so dh moved all my sewing stuff around. I don't know where anything is.

I have a quilt for ds that needs to be done before he gets back on Thursday. I have to quilt the borders and put on the binding.

The last two years I spent the day working on a mystery quilt. I don't know if I will be doing that again but I will be in the sewing room.

Have to finish knitting a scarf for a friend's 60th birthday on Thursday.

crafty pat 12-30-2012 07:37 AM

To get my sewing room cleaned out and and my stash in better order.

alikat110 12-30-2012 07:54 AM

I don't make resolutions...however I have set some goals and joined a fabric moratorium! Hehehe....

TinkerQuilts 12-30-2012 08:06 AM

Just some things: start on the BOM I joined three months ago; finish nephew's king sized (monster) stained glass quilt and make another nephew's quilt; complete some UFO's and work on the crazy quilt; only buy fabric that I "need" (haha); continue organizing the sewing areas; learn some new techniques like paper piecing; but most of all - no more sewing machines and like sewmom, lose the 20 pounds (and keep it off).

carslo 12-30-2012 08:06 AM

My goal is to have done by the end of my vacation - I go back to work January 7th, the "Taming of the Scrap Pile." I have been busy sewing together my scraps to make Magic Squares and have vowed not to do anything else until I have my scaps under control. My Magic Square pattern uses strips, then I have anything that is larger fat quarter or larger in a pile and smaller layer cake rf charm square size in another pile.

mighty 12-30-2012 08:06 AM

Quilt, quilt and quilt!

francie yuhas 12-30-2012 08:12 AM

I will keep plugging along with UFOs,especially this queen size Hawaaian hand-done monster. I'dlike to work on my FMQ skills,having been inspired by the wonderful work done by many on this board!

joysewer 12-30-2012 08:20 AM

I never make resolutions but this year I have decided to......I want to make more quilts for charity this year.

happylab 12-30-2012 09:27 AM

My (dream) New Year's Resolutions are;
1. Learn how to FMQ, and feel comfortable to a degree on doing this.
2. Learn, Design and make 3 quilts using my EQ-7 and master and become comfortable using the 23 lessons (from here), simplifying the EQ-7 manual.
3. Continue to work on my UFO's and make more UFO's. I like my UFO's.
4. Not spend money on stash fabric, try to only buy items to complete the quilts.
5. Continue to read quiltingboard.com as often as I can.
6. Enjoy my quilting time and not stress myself out.

hopetoquilt 12-30-2012 11:53 AM

I need to make a decision... FMQ on my DMS, rent a LAQ machine or send out to a LAQer. I no longer pick patterns base on whether or not I can do the quilting with a walking foot. I really would prefer to machine quilt on my DMS but I need to set aside the time to learn. I want to choose one method/strategy to complete most of my quilts. My t-shirt quilts will still got to a LAQer.

Lat years resolutions that I conquered? I can now do needle turn appliqué and love it. I can make the stitches nearly disappear. I also used up all my saved t-shirts for t-shirt quilts.