Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you made a New Year's Sewing Resolution Yet? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-made-new-years-sewing-resolution-yet-t209616.html)

Grandma Peg 12-30-2012 12:38 PM

Need to get back into sewing haven't done anything for the past month. So I need to finish 2 Christmas presents, that's kinda sad. Have some projects that I want to do this year also. Also want to start eating better, have been horrible with all the goodies in the house.

Dolphyngyrl 12-30-2012 05:43 PM

Get better at FMQ and finish my bargello and lovers knot

deedum 12-30-2012 08:29 PM

I reinforce my goals.
1. Make every dime count!
2. Not to over buy for my sewing room.
3. Try to pay it forward to others more.

gramajo 12-31-2012 04:54 AM

1. Finish my UFOs--no idea how many I have, but I want to get them done.
2. Work on reducing the number of PIGS and complete each one before starting the next so I don't have any UFOs.
3. Organize my stash.
I'm moving this spring, so that will put a crimp in my quilting plans. I have 40+ years of stuff I have to get rid of. :eek:

JeannieT 12-31-2012 05:49 AM

My resolutions:
1 - Finish all UFO's , I think there are about 10.....
2 - just ordered a new pattern called Fall Harvest by Ann Seely - large quilt I am going to make for our living room wall. It WILL get made. It will not become a UFO
3 - buy only fabric needed to finish a project
4 - learn to do feathers on FMQ
5 - also, lose that extra 30 pounds.....it's making my sewing chair squeak (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it )

Love reading everyone's resolutions - inspires me a bit to actually follow thru!!

nhweaver 12-31-2012 05:59 AM

1. Finish 2 UFO's tops this year.
2. practice FMQ.
3. buy no new fabric
4. limit online games (addicted)
5. organize stash
6. organize sewing room/closet

patsynel 12-31-2012 06:06 AM

I am going to be working on my scrap pile. I plan to make some scrappy throws and lap quilts.

frannella 04-14-2018 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by JeannieT (Post 5751915)
My resolutions:
1 - Finish all UFO's , I think there are about 10.....
2 - just ordered a new pattern called Fall Harvest by Ann Seely - large quilt I am going to make for our living room wall. It WILL get made. It will not become a UFO
...Love reading everyone's resolutions - inspires me a bit to actually follow thru!!

Hi Jeannie--surely hope you are still on the QuiltingBoard list! Love your resolutions list! I bought a stack of old Quilter's Newsletter Magazines at our recent guild quilt show and Ann Seely's Fall Harvest pattern jumped out of the pages at me.

I, too, want to make this quilt! Did you succeed in making it? I have been looking high and low for a pattern, or, barring buying the pattern, I would like to try buying back issues of QNM to pull together the pattern. Sadly, I am bombing out everywhere I look. The pattern was serialized in Quilter's Newsletter Magazine Issue #s 326 (October 2000) - 332 (May 2001), but my guild show purchase only included QNMs from Nov 2000/#327; Dec 2000/#328; and April 2001/# 331. I could probably draft the missing pieces based on the 3 issues I do have on hand, but it's always better to use the original when possible.

I realize it's been 6+ years since you ordered your copy of the pattern, but can you share your source and/or any suggestions as to how to secure a copy?

Many thanks,
Fran