Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help! I need Curses! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-i-need-curses-t270240.html)

LynnVT 09-21-2015 12:57 PM

Bear, does this make you wonder which of your "friends" might have cursed you? These are so funny. Getting our frustration out in silly curse might keep us from harboring a grudge.

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 7323708)
So many of the "curses" I have already experienced!!

Plus a few I will not mention again lest I appear dumber than I think I am!

bearisgray 09-21-2015 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by LynnVT (Post 7323858)
Bear, does this make you wonder which of your "friends" might have cursed you? These are so funny. Getting our frustration out in silly curse might keep us from harboring a grudge.

Nah - I think I brought most of those things on myself!!!! :shock: :o

MadQuilter 09-21-2015 01:52 PM

May your binding be 2" too short.
May your bobbin run out too soon.

bearisgray 09-21-2015 02:04 PM

I won ' t call them cursrs - but they could be turned into them.

Oil leaks all over.

The only place you can find the fabric you want costs three times more than anywhere else.

You confuse the fray check bottle for oil - or vice- versa.

The person ahead of you buys the rest of the bolt of fabric you need only four more inches of and won't let you have any of it.

The cat up- chucked on the washed quilt that you were getting ready to wrsp.
The part for your favorite machine is no longer available.

The power goes out and you needed to finish the item in the next four hours.

JenniePenny 09-21-2015 02:31 PM

May Jennifer search fruitlessly over the better part of several months for the right tone, saturation, and scale of blue fabric, then "make do" with substitutions. Then may she find a wonderful fat quarter bundle of the perfect blue fabrics the day after her quilt top is done.

Jeanne S 09-21-2015 03:09 PM

May xxx's backing edges always be folded under and quilted in her quilting stitches.

May xxx's bias edges always stretch out of shape.

May xxx's basting spray always run out in the middle of sandwiching a quilt.

suziehammond 09-21-2015 03:24 PM

That could be great fun!

Originally Posted by GingerK (Post 7323849)
I am beginning to see this as a QAG project. Curses on one side and blessings on the other.

suziehammond 09-21-2015 03:35 PM

These are so funny! Thank you all and I am dying for more.
Most of them are idiotic things we do to ourselves of course.
But I am no saint and it is kind of fun to imagine a little kitty vomit on that next project of the lady who wouldn't share a fabric you need when it was just for her stash and the very last of it. lol

tesspug 09-21-2015 04:22 PM

May you fall passionately in love with a picture of a quilt and not be able to find a pattern.

cathyvv 09-21-2015 04:31 PM

My youngest daughter, then around 4, came up with the all time best "curse" in our family. She called her older brother, who was annoying her, "Chicken Swamp Poop!" My son cracked up and the annoying stopped. I guess "Chicken Swamp Poop" worked. :D

We still use that phrase and laugh at it.