Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help.................. I'm left handed in a right handed world trying to quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-im-left-handed-right-handed-world-trying-quilt-t112872.html)

redturtle 04-02-2011 10:02 AM

well im a righty...grammas a lefty...she does her crafty stuff just fine

and as far as your mug rug...i like it...who says the spoons on the wrong side..i could use it like it is

sueisallaboutquilts 04-02-2011 10:08 AM

All the lefties in my family are extremely artistic! And I'm not one of them.
I don't see anything wrong with your Elvis Mug (rug lol)

SweetSlumber 04-02-2011 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by clsurz

Originally Posted by frauhahn
Ah, the world just doesn't realize how handicapped we lefties are!!! But always remember- we are the only ones in our right minds!

With that being said than what does that make an ambidextrous person?

:twisted:

I write lefty, but I think being 'ambi' makes me very lucky! When cutting fabric, I don't have to move the fabric or adjust the ruler, I just switch the rotary cutter between hands, when my right hand becomes crampy after a stint of hand stitching, I use my left, although it feels more natural using my right. I remember in elementary school the teacher would give me those left-handed scissors, and I could never understand why they wouldn't cut. I was using them in my right hand! The teacher probably thought I wasn't very bright! lol!

S D G 04-02-2011 10:56 AM

I am also a lefty, I don't see that it has caused me any more difficulty than any other person. Both of my parents and my brother are righties, both of my children are lefties. I wouldn't be me if I were anyother way.

BellaBoo 04-02-2011 11:00 AM

I'm right handed, the pockets would not be awkward for right handed people. I wouldn't change them.

Beachbaby12 04-02-2011 11:18 AM

I wouldn't change a thing - I agree with the other posts! It is a right-handed world and I am a lefty too! Right-handed people do not have a clue and take everything for granted. I recently bought a left-handed rotary cutter and love it.

mary j 04-02-2011 11:39 AM

I am right handed, but my Mom and sister are lefties. I often do thing backwards (like threading a needle). Because my Mom did. I wouldn't change the pockets, let the righties adjust.

Sassylass 04-02-2011 11:44 AM

I ,too am a lefty and there is nothing wrong with your mug rug..I think it is perfect!
sass

beckyw 04-02-2011 11:46 AM

I'm also left handed and I don't see a problem with the mug rug.

TonnieLoree 04-02-2011 11:50 AM

I am a lefty too! Mom taught me to cut with right handed scissors. To this day I can not use a pair of left handed ones. I do rotary cut with my left hand and any hand sewing is done that way as well. My babysitter taught me to crochet right handed. Wouldn't have a clue how to do it any other way. We're in with a good crowd. Leonardo DaVinci and Albert Einstein were both left handed. I can legabily write backwards if I have to. (But why?) At least in school I wasn't forced to write with the other hand.