Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help, Overwhelmed but Happy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-overwhelmed-but-happy-t53611.html)

PattyS 07-10-2010 04:12 PM

Wow! What a great find. I have got to get out and start hitting the yard sales.
I would put the strips in a mesh bag and wash them on Delicate. Happy Sewing!!

purplefiend 07-10-2010 04:24 PM

Can I ask how much you had to pay for your new instant stash? Looks like a lovely haul! Congrats!
Sharon W.[/quote]

4 bins @ $2.00 each. One even had unfinished projects including a ton of pre-cut squares, plus a crib size quilt that only needs binding, and some really nice silk.

I am one happy camper![/quote]

Wow! you made out like a bandit. Have fun with your new stash and make lots of quilts.
Sharon

Annaquilts 07-10-2010 04:27 PM

Definately was h after. If it is stinky try airing and febrezing it multiple times. enjoy! I think it is good it went to a newbie as you probably did not have a stash yet. Anna

C.Cal Quilt Girl 07-10-2010 04:34 PM

Congrats... glad this went to someone who will enjoy !!

AkAngel 07-10-2010 04:44 PM

Twisted Quilter
You certainly hit a Gold Mine on this one. Congratulations.

Patti in Phnx
I love the idea about the salas spinner. I've never thought of that one before. I've tried washing those strips in the mesh bag and it can be a real mess, more trouble than its worth for strips I think. In that case I'd wash it with some dye catchers after it were put together unless it was something like bright reds or something. But this salad spinner sounds like it will work great.
Muriel

cbuchanan 07-10-2010 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM
Smaller pieces...put them in a salad spinner with hot water and soap/detergent/whatever. Let it soak...then swish, spin, rinse, spin, rinse spin. Pieces wont tangle like in the washer and you will freshen the pieces. I'm alergic to sizing in fab so I do this with fat quarters.

So glad you found such a good bargain! You will spend hours fondling, dreaming and playing with it. What a wonerful way to add to your stash. We are all so happy for you.

I just got a salad spinner for my birthday and NEVER thought about it for anything but lettuce. What a fantastic tip!!! That's what I love about this board.

ladyredhawk 07-10-2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac

Originally Posted by Maksi
If you are worried that one strip may shrimp more than the other you can also iron them as hot as they can handle, maybe with some steam. That will get the shrimp out. ( is the word shrimp of shrink, because at first I used the word shrink everywere but it didn't sound right to me....)

Your first impulse was correct -- "shrink" is what you meant. And that's a really good suggestion! I never thought of doing that.

I think ironing would probably get any shrimp out as well! LOL! (Shrimp are the seafood we eat -- like very small lobsters)

Love your avitar quilt

ladyredhawk 07-10-2010 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Definately was h after. If it is stinky try airing and febrezing it multiple times. enjoy! I think it is good it went to a newbie as you probably did not have a stash yet. Anna

two little pumpkins in the pumpkin patch very pretty

ladyredhawk 07-10-2010 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts

two pumpkins in the pumpkin patch

grammyj 07-10-2010 05:01 PM

Lucky You, that's great !!!