Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   In hiding???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hiding-t121471.html)

k9dancer 05-08-2011 02:56 AM

It's helpful to know at least which state a member is in when she's having trouble with her machine or a project. If a member is local to me, I'm happy to offer assistance. That said, it's never a good idea to invite a perfect stranger to your home ( or to go there!).

I met a board member one day for coffee. Now we go to lunch every month and she's in one of my quilt classes.

psychonurse 05-08-2011 03:00 AM

I like to see where others are from also. I am just too much in the know. LOL

Marge L. 05-08-2011 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by butterflies5518
I too love seeing where everyone is from.

Ditto.

tdvxh 05-08-2011 03:14 AM

I also like to know where some people are from. They could be a potential quilting buddy.

redmadder 05-08-2011 03:16 AM

Some one steal my identity, PLEASE. They can pay my balances down, beef up my bank account, and take those annoying telemarketer calls. I'm hiding in plain sight.

quilt3311 05-08-2011 03:53 AM

You can send the person a private message, just click on their name and when the new screen comes up, click on private message and send your question to them. The answer comes as a private message to you. hope that helps.

spartan quilter 05-08-2011 03:53 AM

I know that when I joined the board, I was in hiding, and couldn't figure out how to get my state in place, till this subject came up. Then I went back to my profile [I thought that I had filled in everything] and finished filling things in. So, "in hiding" can be for many reasons. I love to know where everyone is from, but know that I have to respect their privacy, if that is what they want.

Happy Mom's day to everyong, sure do miss mine.

Mattee 05-08-2011 03:55 AM

I'm in hiding because of security. I never put personal info out about myself on the web. I don't have a facebook account, either (and I'm the generation who usually loves facebook.) It might be fun to know where people are from, but it's also a detail that the random psycho or theif could use to his or her advantage. I'm careful to keep those details out of my posts as well. I've seen people use their entire addresses in their signature lines on here. That's really not a good idea!

Dodie 05-08-2011 03:59 AM

I'm one of those that likes to know where people are from I think this is a fun site and interesting to see that we have quilting friends from all over the world

CQMadhatter 05-08-2011 04:10 AM

I found this board by googling hexagon images. If I could do that, then it is not just the wonderful people on this board that would be able to see my posts, but anyone who can operate Google. I am very protective since a pervert showed up at one of my niece's friend's house because he back traced her email address. I like seeing where everyone is from too and hope that those who feel safe posting their locations will understand when some of us can't.