Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby is coming to my town!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-coming-my-town-t155468.html)

CloverPatch 09-24-2011 10:40 AM

Just went to Hobby Lobby 2 days ago and raided their clearance craft books! I got 5 $28 quilt books for $5 each!!! So exciting!
I do the monthly secret pal swap, so that is a really great buy for me!

Scissor Queen 09-24-2011 10:45 AM

I loooooooooooooooooove Hobby Lobby!! Most of their fabrics are at least decent quality and they have a ton of other stuff.

SherriB 09-24-2011 10:54 AM

You will love Hobby Lobby!!! It is my favorite store to go to. The fabrics are very nice and they have a nice selection of holiday and seasonal fabrics. And you can find something for most any craft or home decor, and usually on sale

katiescraftshop 09-24-2011 12:15 PM

Went to a Hobby Lobby for the 1st time a week ago. Loved it! DH told me to enjoy myself...but not to much. lol! Didn't think $60. was to bad. He agreed and is very glad it's an hour away. lol!

Digitizingqueen 09-24-2011 12:23 PM

I love Hobby Lobby and if you get on their mailing list you can save 40% on one item at least once a month and other discounts the other weeks I have bought tons of stuff from them fabric and non fabric realted

BigDog 09-24-2011 12:53 PM

No need to get on a mailing list. HobbyLobby.com has a 40% coupon every other week, good for 1 item or a single cut of fabric, be it 1 yard or 100 yards. You can print multiple coupons but can use only 1 per visit.

Sewfine 09-24-2011 12:54 PM

You can sign up for their weekly sale flyer and don't forget to print your coupon that comes out every Sunday. I use mines faithfully.

Xstitshmom 09-24-2011 12:54 PM

Hobby Lobby is awesome. I just wish they would build one closer to me! There are two "near" one is at least 45 minutes and the other an hour -- most of the craft stores are that far away. Wish Hobby Lobby would be the one to build one closer to me!

jaciqltznok 09-24-2011 12:59 PM

If you are thinking HL is like a fabric store you are in for a let down. They mainly sell Chinese import stuff like a pier one import store, with little bit of party stuff, some art supplies and craft things. Not at all like they used to be..ALL craft/art stuff!
Their fabric is just a bit better than WM, about like Joanns/Hancocks. Spendy and you have to really watch the quality!

Lucio 09-24-2011 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
If you are thinking HL is like a fabric store you are in for a let down. They mainly sell Chinese import stuff like a pier one import store, with little bit of party stuff, some art supplies and craft things. Not at all like they used to be..ALL craft/art stuff!
Their fabric is just a bit better than WM, about like Joanns/Hancocks. Spendy and you have to really watch the quality!

Oh no. Most of my experience with HL was 7 years ago in Ohio. When we were in the Chicago area 3 years ago I thought the store manager was incompetent because the yarn, batting and fabric departments had been greatly downsized. I e-mailed their headquarters and their response was that they could no longer do business as they had previously. None the less, I was able to purchase some very nice quality children's fabrics for my charity quilts. I'm so sorry to hear that they are now on par with Walmart and Joanne's.