Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-t187368.html)

nstitches4u 04-29-2012 10:27 AM

Our Hobby Lobby has better quality fabric than JoAnn's, but not as big a variety. They will special order fabric and allow you to use a 40% off coupon. JoAnn's will not. I have special ordered whole bolts of Kona cotton and gotten 40% off.

Norma

nstitches4u 04-29-2012 11:02 AM

Thanks for the info, Neesie. I usually decide to stop at Hobby Lobby on the spur of the moment and don't have my coupon with me. Now that won't be a problem.

Norma

teacherbailey 04-29-2012 11:24 AM

Watch the prices on the bolts! You may have a 7.95 cotton print sitting next to a 3.95 cotton print....their bolt pricing is all over the place, as is their fabric quality. My Sunday paper has a 40% of any one item coupon every Sunday. Oh, and HL is not open Sundays.

ladyredhawk 04-29-2012 11:39 AM

I really don't get out much so I have to depend on my pc to order stuff from. thats why I love the board so much you can get a lot of good fabrics some are real good prices.

Elaine433 04-29-2012 11:47 AM

I like Hobby Lobby fabrics much better than JoAnn's. I find their fabrics are all first quality and JoAnns is not. They
carry fabrics from Kaufmanns, Michael Miller, Fabriquilt, Alexander Henry, Camelot to name a few top brands. They also have some that have their own name on them. If you sign up on line, you can get their ad every week via email. The ad always has a coupon and lately it is 40% off one item. If I have a fabric cut there I will tell them that I am using my coupon. They will mark the fabric at full price and my 40% will be deducted at the register. I will not use JoAnn fabrics in my quilts but I will use the fabrics I buy from Hobby Lobby.

MaggieLou 04-29-2012 12:21 PM

I like it better than JoAnn's. I think the fabric is better quality and I always find something there I don't see other places. I just wish it was closer. I'm about 35 miles from it.

bunbytes 04-29-2012 12:58 PM

In Houston, our Hobby Lobby stores had a really nice selection of fabric that was different from the chain fabric stores, but now they look like they're not replacing their stock. I've even asked if they were closing the section, but was told no. I don't know who the buyer is, but I fear it is a man who has never sewn and doesn't understand about keeping a large stock on hand.

solstice3 04-29-2012 02:57 PM

I think fabric is better quality than Joann's. Though not as big of a selection. They have great sales and 40% off coupons on a regular basis...sign up for email alerts !!

Wanabee Quiltin 04-29-2012 03:09 PM

Our Hobby Lobby has fabulous fabric. I have bought tons of it and have been very pleased with it. I also get the 40% off coupon in the Sunday paper and use that for various things. I actually think their fabric is better than Joann's.

GagaSmith 04-29-2012 03:52 PM

Our HL has their quilter's cottons 30% off every week and will not let you use any coupon on it. I get a weekly email with a 40% off coupon and usually use it for batting or elsewhere in the store. Our notions department is very small. Our local paper just had a story that HL nationwide raised the pay of all full tlime employees to $13 to start; $10 for part timers.