Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-t187368.html)

KathyE 04-29-2012 04:12 PM

Hobby Lobby is my favorite store. We are getting one in Wausau which is 1 hour from me. I'm so excited. I love their fabric. And pretty much everything else in the store too!!

Quilty-Louise 04-29-2012 04:53 PM

I don't have any problems/issues with the fabrics or other
products that I buy there, my only problem is the SERVICE!

Last week when I was there only about 2-3 other customers
were shopping. I was the ONLY person in the fabric dept and
I could NOT get any help with cutting my fabric. I waited and
rang the bell repeatedly for 20 minutes; after which I finally
gave up put all my fabric away (I was being nice about doing that)
and left the store after stopping at the checkout to complain
on the lack of service.

This is NOT a one time thing either, it is almost every time I
go there to shop.

I HOPE your new store will have much better service, all the stores
(3 of them) that are in my area stink at service.

TexasSunshine 04-29-2012 06:52 PM

I like our Hobby Lobby, have bought plenty of fabric and have had no problems. Love the coupons. They carry a little bit of everything such as floral, seasonal merchandise and craft supplies, framing.

Gerbie 04-29-2012 07:32 PM

The name fits the store. They are a large craft store here in my area, sewing, painting, beading leather crafts, flowers, framing, knitting, you name it. They have about any craft you want. I have to travel 85 miles to get to the one we have nearest. But whenever I am in that town I usually always go by. They are not just a fabric store. I can't speak about the comparision to JoAnns, because we don't have one near and I have never been in a JoAnns.

zennia 04-30-2012 03:51 AM

Hobby Lobby has nice seasonal fabrics.

lfstamper 04-30-2012 03:53 AM

You can always get their coupon by visiting their website. I like some of their fabric and love all the variety they carry not just in fabric. Have fun shopping.

MarthaT 04-30-2012 05:13 AM

Hobby Lobby has 50% off sales that rotate between different sections of the store. We got all the silk roses for my daughter's wedding there when they were on sale. The roses looked very real (I wanted to smell them), we could do them ahead, and we paid less than $200 for all her flowers! We also got candles and globes when they were 50% off and saved a bundle there. Sometimes it's picture frames, sometimes home dec. items. Keep an eye on their sales and you can get good deals. I've also found good quality quilt fabric there.

Michellesews 04-30-2012 05:49 AM

The MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW about Hobby Lobby is that they post a 40% coupon online each day...but it is only good for one day...you have to get a new one each day. Never go to HB without your coupon....it is only good on one thing, but 40% off a bag of batting is not bad!

sharyl 04-30-2012 06:34 AM

I love Hobby Lobby! Michael's watch out! We had a KMart just close in Duluth and hear a Hobby Lobby is going in there. I can't wait!

craftymatt2 04-30-2012 10:48 AM

I like Hobby Lobby, they have a lot of nice things they're fabric is nice, not much of it, very nice yarn section. You will like it i think. Lots of gift things and party stuff, lots of frames. hope that helps