Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It holds my pedal in place! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/holds-my-pedal-place-t205923.html)

Geri B 11-14-2012 07:09 AM

Here is an idea I read somewhere and it helps but is not the total cure: tie the wire connecting the pedal to machine to the leg of the table closest to where you want your pedal to be.....giving it just enough cord to stay there......like a dog a a short leash...moves a bit but not all over the place. I work on the cement floor of the basement and I think I will try that velcro strip...........nothing to lose, sanity to gain. My old machine (viking) pedal never moved and when I got this "new" thing(babylock) I was frustrated with the scooting around.........and I refuse to purchase some pedal caddy...the mfgr of machine should make their pedals better..........

thimblebug6000 11-14-2012 08:17 AM

I have carpet in sewing room and took a long piece of duct tape, double folded it so it sticks to the bottom of the pedal & then just place it on the carpet. Works great!

GrandmaNewt 11-14-2012 08:41 AM

I also have carpet in my sewing room. For many years now I have had the self stick hook side of velcro stuck on the bottom of my pedal.

roguequilter 11-14-2012 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 5656149)
Here is an idea I read somewhere and it helps but is not the total cure: tie the wire connecting the pedal to machine to the leg of the table closest to where you want your pedal to be.....giving it just enough cord to stay there......like a dog a a short leash...moves a bit but not all over the place. I work on the cement floor of the basement and I think I will try that velcro strip...........nothing to lose, sanity to gain. My old machine (viking) pedal never moved and when I got this "new" thing(babylock) I was frustrated with the scooting around.........and I refuse to purchase some pedal caddy...the mfgr of machine should make their pedals better..........

my fw, my old necchi & now my janome..pedal always moved. i use the woven looking crinkellaly looking shelf liner stuff. under my machine, under the presser foot and under flat tupperware thingy fr a yardsale from sliding on table. i use the tupperware thingy to keep cutters, scissors etc in one spot when not in use. i have twist ties around the cords from table top to floor all neat and together. then wrap all around table leg to keep them neatly together at floor level. i use the din room table for my sewing, small house and the din room leads to every where, so fairly hi traffic area w cord control a must. as long as i am here sharing...i made a "design wall" out of long piece of felt w rolled seam at top for body, nylon rings for hanging the "wall" from picture hanger hook stuck into top of deck door frame (leads fr din rm to deck) so no holes in walls. pocket hem at bottom w dowel fr hardware store to keep it hanging down straight. i don't do many bed quilts since living here...besides...there are only so many beds to cover :)). i prefer working w minis or wall hangings.

DOTTYMO 11-14-2012 11:17 PM

It depends where I sew. But at first I used the machine button and not foot pedal. Now I put that stuff you can buy to put on dashboards to keep still use same stuff for my hands when quilting. I also plac epedal against a solid leg of the coffee table . My other problem. With a foot pedal is .........how do you stop a dog going asleep on the pedal.

kuntryquilter 11-15-2012 03:44 AM

I use sticky back velcro.

Debbie C 11-15-2012 03:58 AM

I use the rubberized shelf liners that I put my glassware on. I cut a piece about an inch over-sized for my foot pedal and it works beautifully keeping my pedal 'stuck' to my porcelain tiled floor.

arlene banken 11-15-2012 03:58 AM

I use the rubberized shelf liner .works great you can get at the big box store

Rose_P 11-15-2012 04:13 AM

The one I use most doesn't scoot on the carpet, but I saw a suggestion somewhere that nobody has mentioned so far, so I thought I would. If your table is up against a wall, you can lay a board between the pedal and the wall to give the pedal something to push against. It's a matter of finding a board or piece of plywood that is the right width.

Another one would be to put a few thick lines of silicone bathtub sealer on the bottom of the pedal. Do this when you won't be needing the machine for awhile because it may need a full day to dry. Read the label on the product because they might vary.

maryfrang 11-15-2012 05:14 AM

Velco tape if you have carpet. Works great and you only need the loop part and cheap. Pennies.