Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do I downsize my stash? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-i-downsize-my-stash-t180463.html)

Handcraftsbyjen 02-24-2012 06:10 AM

Our local quilt shops does a yearly 'quilter's stash yard sale' for customers to rent tables in the classroom area of the shop and in the parking lot (if there are a lot of people interested). You pay the shop $20 and get to sell your stash to other quilters for whatever you want. See if your local shop will do one. It is so much fun! Our shop owner's grand kids have a lemonade stand and the shop owner sells hot dogs. It's a lot of fun.

annthreecats 02-24-2012 06:17 AM

Oooohh, look at all the pretty fabric. I can't give you any ideas, but I wish I lived closer.

mighty 02-24-2012 06:22 AM

Oh my gosh, I am not sure what would be the best way , Wish I was your neighbor!!!!!!

GlitzyMe 02-24-2012 06:45 AM

Make up some charity quilts. Make box lots and sell them on Craig's List. Have a 'trunk show' in the parking lot after your guild meeting. Put an ad in the paper and offer to teach teens to quilt (make kits for them). zip up piles of tablerunners, placemats & napkin sets, wallhangings, pillows and get a booth at a fair.

AUQuilter 02-24-2012 07:52 AM

Maybe there is a board member who lives near you who could help you get started with the sorting, posting and boxing so you can sell here on the board. Then pay her with fabric. I think it is a good trade.

honeybea 02-24-2012 08:22 AM

Fill some zip lock bags with a selection......either one color choice or mixed colors.....calculate cost of shipping and sell it on this site......Just a suggestion

CoyoteQuilts 02-24-2012 09:22 AM

harrish, You say you can't ship out, but if you use the flat rate boxes, print the labels and pay for postage on USPS.com and request pickup at your house that may be a possible way to go. You can go to USPS.com, set up an account, have boxes or padded envelopes sent right to you. The only thing else you would need is a charge or debit card to pay for it. I do this all the time and it is great. Usually I drop stuff off at the post office because I am going that way anyways.

Just something to think about if you want to offer stuff here or on other forums. Just make sure you state if you want extra for the postage or if it is included in the price.

Good luck!

gramajo 02-24-2012 09:26 AM

Seems to me the easiest way would be to use flat rate boxes from USPS, stuff a box w/co-ordinated fabrics & post it here onQB. USPS delivers flat rate envelopes & boxes & will pick up for shipping.

donnajean 02-24-2012 09:34 AM

I'm wondering why you canot ship out. When using the USPS Priority Flat Rate Mailers or Boxes, you can print the shipping labels on USPS.com & schedule for mailman to pick up at your door.

almond 02-24-2012 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dandish (Post 5003030)
Oh my, THAT'S a stash. lol. I can't tell you the best way to get rid of it - Craigs list might be a start, and a yard sale. Or, I might move to Iowa and relieve you of your burden. (JK) I'm sure folks will be along shortly with some great ideas.

We would love to have you in IOWA. Come on over!!!!