Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How or do you label your quilts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-label-your-quilts-t223815.html)

tropit 06-16-2013 01:41 PM

I make a personalized label in Photoshop, choosing my favorite fonts and embellishments. Then, I print it out on paper and trace it onto a contrasting fabric with a simple, ball-point pen. Lastly, I embroider over it, so no one will ever see the ink and blanket stitch it onto the back of the quilt.
~ Cindy

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 06-16-2013 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 6125819)
I pay sewnsewer2 here on the board to machine embroider mine!

I do this for special quilts, too. She does beautiful work and is priced right.

For general quilts, I use a pigma pen right on the back of the quilt. Nothing to sew and nothing that can be removed.

Susan7639 06-16-2013 01:48 PM

Lots of good ideas! I am going to contact sewnsewer2 to hopefully see what this looks like.

YukonViv 06-16-2013 02:11 PM

I prefer to take a square of fabric (something I used on the front) and fold it in half diagonally to form a triangle. I use a pigma pen (I think that is what its called ) and write all the pertinent information...name of quilt, my name, date, and place (in case I ever move away ) and I add a doodle. I sew the two rough edges into the corner of the quilt within where my binding sewing line will be using a zig zag. Then I add the binding. That secures it on two edges and then I hand sew the diagonal edge in place.

All my quilts have two edges of the label sewn to the quilt under the binding, if I keep it consistent then I'll remember 30 years from now...hopefully.

TerryQuilter 06-16-2013 02:14 PM

......Ditto:):)

Jackie Spencer 06-17-2013 04:22 AM

I use fabric from my quilt and design my own labels. I use the Edwardian Script on my computer for the lettering, then I hand embroider it or use the Pigma pens.

Boston1954 06-17-2013 04:51 AM

I have fabric that I bought just for labels. I cut them 6 x 9. I write the info on and set the ink. This may seem very large, but I put a lot of information on my quilts.

KalamaQuilts 06-17-2013 05:01 AM

I sign and date on the lower right corner of the top itself and include quilter if I've sent it out. I make double sided quilts so doesn't matter which side.

tessagin 06-17-2013 05:14 AM

When I was up north, my SIL and DB had a family cookout so I could see everyone. She showed me a quilt given to her by her mother. She said she was a little sad that she couldn't find the label. There was nothing on the back. It was a beautiful Dresden pattern on white. Looked on the front lower right hand corner Dresden was the label in the center of it. Her mother had embroidered it. She pulled out another quilt given to her and we found the label embroidered also in the lower right hand corner of GMG in the petals. There was also other information other places in the quilt. Different initials for those who worked on the quilt.

onaemtnest 06-17-2013 06:00 PM

SewnSewer2 has been making all my labels. At guild meetings her labels draw more attention and compliments than my quilts :o) She does lovely work and is turns them around very fast. In fact another label is winging it's way from her to me again! You won't be disappointed with her work!