Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you rate yourself as a quilter? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-rate-yourself-quilter-t133497.html)

dglvr 06-27-2011 09:45 AM

I've been sewing quilts for 11 years. I never sewed before that.
I guess I'll always consider myself a beginner. :thumbup:

BrendaK 06-27-2011 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
According to what you have rated yourself, then I suck. :-)

:XD: Is there anything below "SUCK". After seeing the quilts you all have made I don't think I will ever show mine. Maybe in abut 50 ot 60 years, but don't figure I'll last that long. My family and friends will just have to take below sucky quilts. BrendaK

Pat M 06-27-2011 10:06 AM

I'll just throw in my philosophy - life long learner and still learning.... Enjoy the journey!

mpspeedy 06-27-2011 10:09 AM

I made my first quilt when I was 17. I am now 60 and hundreds of quilts of one size or another have come and gone with me. The only place I excel is in handquilting. I am only a fair piecer and only applique with fusing and then under pressure. If I had to create something perfect I would never finish anything. Since becoming envolved with Linus I have made at least three hundred plus quilts for them. Most are simple child themed prints or motifs on one side and flannel on the other turned envelope style and just enough machine quilting with decrotive thread and machine stitches so they will survive the laundry. In the last year I have been averaging about 20 of those a month. I did make my daughter a special king size quilt for a wedding present but it was far from perfect.

mizunogirl 06-27-2011 10:10 AM

Oh I am really a novice!!!! FUnny thing is that I am pretty good at Applique, which people seem afraid of, but not that good at getting things like squares to meet at the right places...

Jennifer22206 06-27-2011 10:12 AM

I'm a lifelong learner. :) I've been quilting since 1996 or so, and learn something with every quilt I do. I'm never going to stop learning, and when I do stop learning something that's when I'll quit quilting.

So, I'm not even going to rank myself.

Rumbols 06-27-2011 10:14 AM

I classify myself as a rank newbie want-a-be quilter. I am self taught and have yet to make a block that comes out the way the pattern says. I end up with modified quilts or new inventions of old quilt patterns. I absolutely stink at the quilting part. Takes months before I attempt to quilt a completed top.

Mary M 06-27-2011 10:28 AM

Beginner/intermediate. Have done a couple advanced and they did turn out okay....this is with piecing. The actual quilting, leaves me as a beginner.

newquilter10 06-27-2011 10:37 AM

Having fun quilter and looking to learn and become better.

akrogirl 06-27-2011 10:43 AM

Self-taught beginner at piecing who likes to try more complex patterns than I probably should, but I enjoy the challenges and frustrations 8-)