Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you store your patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-store-your-patterns-t162676.html)

creativesheila 10-23-2011 03:58 PM

I store my quilt patterns that come from magazines in plastic sleeves in notebooks by category. For patterns I have bought, I make a copy of the front cover and file that in the notebooks too, then I store the patterns in a box. I still have trouble with books. I can't seem to remember which one has the pattern I am looking for.

Deborahlees 10-23-2011 04:07 PM

I store all of mine in plastic sleeves in binders (3 so far) sorted by catagory, holiday or kind. Christmas, Halloween, Table Runners, Banners, Kids...etc....so far it works great

I have been cutting my patterns out of magazines ....as my membory has gotten so bad with time, and I hate wasting my precious time .....

hopetoquilt 10-23-2011 04:33 PM

just a thought... I took a realistic look at the magazines, books, and patterns that I had. There are several beautiful quilts that I will never make. Right now, I don't LAQ, I don't like to use flannel, I have no intention of doing a ton of applique, especially tiny applique and I much prefer hand applique. I only make quilts, and generally don't sew bags or anything three dimensional. I donated the patterns that I knew I would never use. I cut a few out of magazines that I liked and planned to make.

By the way, I LOVE the look of alot of things, but either don't have the talent or the interest in doing certain types of quilting/sewing. (usually lack the talent)

This made my pattern area much neater. Now, I have one large binder with page protectors and about 15 books.

Sassylass 10-23-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish

Originally Posted by judykrdolls18
I store mine in plastic sleeves in notebooks and label the notebooks with the type of pattern ie wallhangings, quilts, purses, etc.

ditto

Ditto also

Glassquilt 10-23-2011 05:26 PM

I store them in numerical order after making a spread sheet with all the pertinent data.

Peckish 10-23-2011 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Glassquilt
I store them in numerical order after making a spread sheet with all the pertinent data.

Wow, that's very organized - are you an accountant? :lol:

Painiacs 10-23-2011 05:46 PM

Magazines in binders, photo copies in binders. Ones in pls r mounted on corkboard on wall

bobbie1 10-23-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by judykrdolls18
I store mine in plastic sleeves in notebooks and label the notebooks with the type of pattern ie wallhangings, quilts, purses, etc.

Works great for me also!

AuntB 10-23-2011 05:55 PM

I have my patterns storted in plastic boxes designed for photo's. They are a good size for all the single patterns I buy at the fabric store or quilt shops. If it is a pattern I got out of a magazine I store in a plasic sleeve in a binder. I haven't figured out a good system for finding what I want once I've put it a way but I eventually find the one I want in my stuff.

cmrenno 10-23-2011 06:08 PM

I store a lot of patterns in an underthebed box under our bed. (Shhhh! Don't tell my husband.)