Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   how to find a lost needle... HELP??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-find-lost-needle-help-t239515.html)

QuiltnNan 01-24-2014 04:09 AM

i usually call one of my grandkids to find dropped items... their eyes work so much better than mine. :)

DebraK 01-24-2014 05:09 AM

lol, without fail.

quilter1 01-24-2014 05:33 AM

Don't you just hate when that happens! I do my EPP in front of the TV and often my thimble will catch on the needle and off it goes into the family room. I have been lucky so far that it has been found- in the sofa, on the floor, on my sleeve, under the sofa (how does that happen). I do worry that my dogs will find it before me, but DH has been great at crawling around with a flashlight. You could try a vacuum with a stocking tied to the end- it might catch the needle.
My MIL had a needle stuck in her toe for years and didn't know it. She had many bouts of infection but the docs never realized what was the problem. She was hospitalized once with one, fell and broke her hip. She passed away after the surgery. Moral of the story- persevere with looking for the needle!

nanna-up-north 01-24-2014 05:39 AM

I used to lose needles all the time and couldn't find them. I didn't drop them, I'd put them in my big tomato pin cushion and then they were gone. I was worried all the time that someone would step on a needle or that the dog would get stuck by one. The dog got that pin cushion ( don't know why he liked that) and it started leaking the stuffing so I decided to take it apart. That's when I found my needles..... over 200 of them. Come to find out, my two oldest kids were poking the needles in when they'd see them. And the tomato was so big that the needles would disappear. They had never told me....it was a game to them..... thought it was funny that I couldn't find the needles. I haven't had to buy a needle for years. My kids are in their 40s now ..... in their own homes. I never lose a needle that I haven't found since they've moved away.

Good luck on finding your needle. That can be so frustrating.

MaureenT 01-24-2014 05:45 AM

Hope the needle is found, some of the ideas are quite humorous! Good luck!

DebraK 01-24-2014 06:05 AM

funny story ;-)

Onebyone 01-24-2014 06:45 AM

I know metal can be metallic colored. Why can't needles be in color?

ManiacQuilter2 01-24-2014 06:59 AM

I have recently misplaced a needle near my bed where I do my hand sewing. I now WEAR my slippers at all time. They made a magnetic wand a decade ago so I use that or my magnetic pin cushion to see if I can find it. When I can't, I often wonder where it went to hide !!

Jeanne S 01-24-2014 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie (Post 6531277)
oh, another thing------------have you checked YOUR clothing? I had a needle fall in the cuff of my pants once and didn't discover that for a good while.

Your reply made me laugh because it is so true in our house!!!!

bearisgray 01-24-2014 07:04 AM

Itt even might have fallen off your clothes in another room.

Can those magnets harm computerized machines if they get too close?