Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many hours? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-hours-t67838.html)

donnahbm3 10-04-2010 10:02 AM

For me, I would quilt 24/7 if I could. I work full time so I get most of my quilting done on the weekends and get frustrated if I have to stop and do something else.

moosegirl 10-04-2010 10:04 AM

I am working on projects before and after work weekdays 6hrs+
weekends 12-14hrs or longer. Time flies when you're having fun! I'm dreaming of new ideas everynight too! Moosegirl

ruthieg 10-04-2010 10:44 AM

I'm retired and quilt all of the time. I enjoy it. Many projects in the works and many in the planning stage. Every once in a while I catch up to all. Last time that happened was just 2 Christmases ago.

msariano 10-04-2010 10:47 AM

I try to sew every day a little after work. sometimes I'll use the machine, sometimes I'll have to cut fabric for hand sewing and sometimes I'm just on the computer checking out quilt sites. I must say this board is one of the fastest moving sites I've found and I really enjoy reading everything on it.

pookie ookie 10-04-2010 11:08 AM

3 hrs a wk average. Includes cutting and ironing time. :0/

joyceinoh 10-04-2010 11:33 AM

I work in my sewing room 5 or 6 days a week, I will keep going until I get tired of it, which could be 3 to 6 hours.
Or until my knee gives out. Once I start making mistakes I go find something else to do. Like those house hold chores that nobody else seems to want to do either.

Joyce

Ditter43 10-04-2010 11:36 AM

There are so many factors for me...First is how I am feeling, then do I have other pressing things I need to do. When I am feeling good I try to sew at least every other day. Then the in between days are for other fun things like laundry and housework.
Sometimes when I am in the middle of a project, I try to spend some time every day on it. I just have to pace myself so I don't overdo on any day. If I do I pay for it and lose time sewing ;-)

Blanket Angel 10-04-2010 12:23 PM

Since I am retired I can sew any day and any time and that is what I do. Sometimes for several hours or until I get tired.
Sewing is what keeps me going and I love it.

natalieg 10-04-2010 12:26 PM

I stay at home and do caregiving for my MIL, she is only out of bed about 4-8 hours per day, so I am able to quilt pretty much anytime. However, I try to make sure that I get on average at least a few hours per day. Sometimes it just doesn't work because I take online classes as well, but I do try.

jolo 10-04-2010 12:54 PM

I am retired and do not have a DH so I am usually am sewing ,cutting or something pertaining to quilting. Right now my main projects are a Dear Jane,acually 2 of those. A needleturn Boston Album type and am hand quilting one. So as the mood strikes or if my breathing and back hold out most of the time at least 10 to 12 hr,/day. I am a very boring person lol.