Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many machines do you own? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-machines-do-you-own-t87479.html)

Gilla 01-06-2011 10:26 AM

It doesn't matter how many you own. How many do you use? I have four, but mostly use one, my Designer 1. The rest sit there and collect dust.

golfer 01-06-2011 02:42 PM

I have a Viking serger but I can only do a 4-thread overlock, the screen is not fully operating; a Viking Designer 1 and its screen is not working (all started in 2011), Janome Platinum Plus which is working and I recently purchased a Viking Sophia for $50, strictly a plain machine no whistles and bells. I will not purchase any more. The Janome I use for quilting classes and the Sophia I may give to someone.

sassey 01-06-2011 04:28 PM

I have 3 machines 2 work one doesn't I keep thinking about an embroidery machine but just cant justify buying one. I have congestive heart failure one ususally only lives 5 years with this condition my 5 years were up 6 months ago. I thank god everyday for the extra time he has given me but again can't justify spending that kind of money when I know I probably won't be around to use it and none of my kids sew

wolph33 01-06-2011 04:31 PM

more than I will admit too :lol:

Pins n' Ndls 01-06-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by sassey
I have 3 machines 2 work one doesn't I keep thinking about an embroidery machine but just cant justify buying one. I have congestive heart failure one ususally only lives 5 years with this condition my 5 years were up 6 months ago. I thank god everyday for the extra time he has given me but again can't justify spending that kind of money when I know I probably won't be around to use it and none of my kids sew

After a heart attack (CAD) 15 years ago, I started thinking the same way, Well now I have changed my mind and will enjoy whatever time I do have and not waste a minute of it. I may be old (74) but still have a lot to offer and will continue as long as I can. Only go this way once. Please reconsider . Your enjoyment for however long is enough to justify a new machine.

Maybe1day 01-06-2011 06:03 PM

Sorry to hear about your sewing woes.

I only had one machine until recently, now I have 3. My Husqvana Sew Easy just wouldn't handle thicker fabrics so DH encouraged me to buy a new machine and so about 3 or 4 months ago I bought a Janome 6600p then had a wonderful surprise come Crhistmas when my parents bought me a Janome mcq 7700. I am now in a quandry of another type - what to do with 3 machines? :lol:

Shari1967 01-06-2011 06:33 PM

I have mine and my daughter has one - my mom got a new one and gave my daughter her other one which was practically new (it's better than mine! lol)

Shari1967 01-06-2011 06:33 PM

I have mine and my daughter has one - my mom got a new one and gave my daughter her other one which was practically new (it's better than mine! lol)

Pins n' Ndls 01-06-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj
I have the Janome Horizon which I also use on the quilting frame, and kept my Janome QC6260 for backup as it is a real workhorse.
Today i adopted an antique treadle. She's a Singer 27 from 1904 ~~
I think I could get addicted to the old gals. She's just so darned pretty!

yes she is !

tlrnhi 01-06-2011 11:09 PM

I'm not saying how many I have. Hubby might come look over my shoulder......lol