Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many of We Quilters are Grandparents????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-we-quilters-grandparents-t70361.html)

malega 10-19-2010 06:38 PM

I have two grandsons one in. South Africa and one in the U.S. the one in S.A. is twenty and, the one in the U.S is
saventeen.

Rettie V. Grama 10-19-2010 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I did quilt a little when I was raising five kids and homeschooling a few long years ago. Now that I am somewhat retired I have had more time to persue the sewing/quilting that I would like to. My hat is off to those very ambious young Mothers/Fathers who quilt and get a lot of them finished instead of being left in the UFO Department.

Just wondered how many Grandparents are out there. Aren't Grandkids the greatest!
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Oh, forgot to mention I have ten!

I have 13. The last one is just 1 month and 17 days old. Yes, they are. I have one granddaughter that is a Dr. in the science field and works at a science institute in London, England. They are all doing well, but she is the oldest. Puffed up? You betcha'

Gramof6 10-19-2010 08:55 PM

We have 6 grands & love each one like nothing else in the world! Oldest DGS is 19 yrs...2 DGS's are 8 yrs...twin grandgirlies that are 5 yrs & the last DGS will be 5 next month. With the boys all playing ball & the girls in gymnastics & dance, we stay busy! We LOVE it!

Murphy 10-20-2010 06:45 AM

4 legged are my grands!!

Quilter2B 10-20-2010 09:00 AM

The first quilt I finished was for my first grandson. I have one granddaughter and four grandsons, the youngest turns two next January. They have all gotten quilts from Grandma - now my two kids are bugging me for ones for themselves.

SewExtremeSeams 10-20-2010 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Betty Ruth

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I did quilt a little when I was raising five kids and homeschooling a few long years ago. Now that I am somewhat retired I have had more time to persue the sewing/quilting that I would like to. My hat is off to those very ambious young Mothers/Fathers who quilt and get a lot of them finished instead of being left in the UFO Department.

Just wondered how many Grandparents are out there. Aren't Grandkids the greatest!
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Oh, forgot to mention I have ten!

I highlighted just the sentence to which I wished to reply, but it all printed anyway. Anyway, I'm the grandma of 5 natural grandchildren and one grandson in-law. What does one call the husband of your granddaughter? Did I use t he right term?

Betty, how blessed you are. Yes, I believe you would call the husband of your granddaugher your grandson-in-law

:-D

Robinlee 10-20-2010 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Robinlee
I have 6 grandchildren and 1 step-granddaughter. Picture is of the 6. 2 boys (6 and 5yrs) and 3 girls (4, 2, and 1) and expecting another granddaughter in early Nov. This picture was taken last April 2010.

"If I'd a know that grandchildren were so much fun, I would of had them first." is my motto.

Grandbaby "girl" came about 15 days early today. She is perfect.....Alta Marie - 7lbs. 6oz, 20" and lots of dark hair. I haven't seen pictures yet........but if she looks anything like her mommy...she'll be a cutie.

AlisaQuilts 10-20-2010 05:29 PM

I'm going to be a Nana in May! My first! I homeschooled too! But, because of the economy, I have to go to work full time! yuck! and just when I was really getting into quilting and looking forward to being with my grandchild!

mms61371 10-20-2010 05:47 PM

I have three human grands, 2 boys and a sweet baby girl (see avatar). Then I have a furry grandpuppy, she is 2 1/2 years old.

TN Donna 10-20-2010 08:01 PM

I have 6 grandchildren and 1 step-granddaughter. Picture is of the 6. 2 boys (6 and 5yrs) and 3 girls (4, 2, and 1) and expecting another granddaughter in early Nov. This picture was taken last April 2010.

"If I'd a know that grandchildren were so much fun, I would of had them first." is my motto.

Grandbaby "girl" came about 15 days early today. She is perfect.....Alta Marie - 7lbs. 6oz, 20" and lots of dark hair. I haven't seen pictures yet........but if she looks anything like her mommy...she'll be a cutie.

Congratulations to you!